ELA Executive Editor
ELA Executive Editor
We are looking for hands on editorial leaders who are interested in developing a new kind of blended core offering for the Reading market.
The Executive Editor will be primarily responsible for driving the conceptualizing and execution of new print or digital products in our Reading product lines. The successful candidate will a creative leader who can work closely with the team to develop a strong product model and then solve the problems required to deliver it on time. The ideal candidate is a life-long learner who is collaborative, proactive, highly organized and passionate about supporting teams in creating high-quality instruction.
Impact you'll have:
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams, as well as Editorial leadership, to conceptualize products that will support teachers, engage students, and deliver Reading gains.
• Work with the Research team and other cross-functional teams to plan student insight efforts and educator research as needed. Gather and summarize feedback from advisors, teachers, and students.
• Complete the product model in the right amount of time, as determined by ongoing discussions with Product Development leadership.
• Collaborate with the Editorial Director to ensure that projects are adequately and appropriately staffed.
• Lead the development of appropriate guidelines and checklists.
• Monitor instructional quality throughout the development cycle. Drive planning effective and efficient editorial schedules and workflows that enable the delivery of high-quality materials.
• Anticipate and solve other problems as they arise, including adjusting workflows and resource allocations, as well as creating work-arounds. Identify which problems to escalate.
• Train or manage the training of editors, supervise overall performance, and recommend promotions.
• Model effective editorial leadership. Identify and teach the editorial management practices that best support the delivery of high-quality materials.
• Make recommendations for improving established editorial or content development practices; model and monitor compliance with these practices.
• Contribute to maintaining high-quality documentation that reflects project specifications and project learnings.
What we're looking for:
We are seeking candidates who can work at a fast pace, thrive in a dynamic environment, and demonstrate a record of achievement. Successful candidates will have:
• 5+ years managing the development of K-8 reading/language arts products—both student and teacher facing components (supplemental programs preferred);
• Experience conceptualizing Reading products;
• Proven project management skills, attention to detail, and an ability to drive toward completion; experience should include planning, scheduling, and supervising staff and vendors.
• A very hands-on approach and a commitment to work closely with a team to ensure that our products meet the highest standards of quality and editorial excellence;
• Excellent writing and editing skills;
• Experience creating clear and detailed documentation that explains key processes and approaches;
• Familiarity with national and state standards and assessments;
• Experience with quantitative and qualitative text measures;
• Ability to proactively and creatively solve problems related to product development;
• Proven project management skills, attention to detail, and an ability to drive toward completion
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in education or teaching experience a plus.
This position can be based in our headquarters office in North Billerica, MA (a suburb of Boston); in one of our satellite offices in Brooklyn NY and Chicago or remote.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual preference, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual preference, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.