LiftOne - Branch Manager
Directly responsible for all operations within the branch including production, distribution, sales and services for assigned branch or territory by performing duties through subordinates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Confers with customers and representatives to evaluate and maintain good customer relations by servicing accounts in a timely manner, resolving complaints and communicating with customers, Hyster personnel and other vendors.
- Personally meets with the top 20 accounts and conducts quarterly stewardship meetings for those accounts.
- Develops and grows business through the management of parts, service and rental to achieve targeted sales and gross profit margins.
- Monitors and controls parts and service expenses to ensure Profit is maintained at highest possible percentage.
- Administer all company safety policies and training according to established procedures along with ensuring conformance to company policies and best practice.
- Recommends budgets to regional management and controls expenses to reach plan
- Recruit, interview and select employees, establish training and provide career development and monitor performance to enable employees to be successful in their jobs
- Work with after-market sales in developing sales territory to meet growth targets.
- Manages the study of operations policies and procedures; develops and implements improvements along with tracking progress.
- Prepares periodic reports regarding the branch’s activities and progress.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and controlling.
- Driving is an essential function of this position and a valid current drivers license must be maintained at all times.
- Management responsibility involving staffing, conducting performance appraisals, training and developing subordinates, promotions, salary increases, terminations, disciplinary actions, etc.
This job has the responsibility of staffing, training and developing all branch employees either directly or through subordinates
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- 5+ years of related experience managing a large Branch and/or P&L
- Strong management and leadership skills required to manage, motivate, and develop employees.
- Knowledge of ERP systems (SAP experience preferred - not required)
- Strong problem solving, negotiating and conflict resolution skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
- Established project management skills
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
Who We Are:
Since 1926, CTE (formerly known as Carolina Tractor and Equipment Company) has been committed to “Be Our Customers’ Trusted Partner” through superior service, parts, fleet management, rental and sales solutions.
Our LiftOne Division, proudly representing the Hyster® and Yale® brands, is the largest full-service material handling and warehouse solutions dealership in the Southeast. The Carolina Cat Construction and Power Systems Division is proud to be part of an elite Caterpillar dealer network, serving western North Carolina and the construction, road building, underground utility and power generation industries. The Pinnacle Cranes Division takes pride in delivering Link-Belt® crane solutions to construction and construction related industries, serving North and South Carolina.
We are proud to accelerate progress and quality of life in the communities we live and serve. We do this by being the Recognized Best Choice to keep our customers “Up and Running.”
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.