- Develop a sample review strategy for all manual General Fund and Working Capital Fund Journal Vouchers processed in the Defense Departmental Reporting System – Budgetary (DDRS-B) and the Defense Departmental Reporting System – Audited Financial Statements (DDRS-AFS)
- Collaborate with applicable parties for remediation for all identified training and/or process deficiencies resulting in Journal Voucher
- Extract manual postings to the general ledger and complete data mining to identify specific delineating data combinations to best categorize postings.
- Research JV populations through a combination of delineating data elements though a variety of methods.
- Identify and document each manual entry as either a standard business process or journal voucher
- Identify and thoroughly document data comparisons between entitlement and accounting systems that can be used to prove completeness and existence of data sets through identification of reconciliation variances.
- Perform routine review and analysis of new and existing reconciliations created by stakeholders and offer feedback and guidance on required and recommended changes to ensure best practices are maintained.
- Document and provide research procedures needed for Army financial managers to identify root cause of variances identified in data reconciliations
- Provide and implement recommendations on improvements needed to the reconciliation logic to make it more accurate and/or efficient.
- Support development of the audit documentation and deliverables
- 2+ years of experience with GAAP, GAGAS, internal control over financial reporting (ICOFR), DOD financial management policies and procedures and DOD and Army organizational structures.
- 2+ years of experience with pertinent Treasury policies and guidance specifically those relating to the USSGL (United States Standard General Ledger).
- 2+ years of experience in interpreting and applying guidance issued by the Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB).
- 2+ years of experience with pertinent Office of Management and Budget (OMB) policies and Federal financial management systems requirements.
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Possess at a minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Ability to work with clients to understand their needs.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Professional presence is required.
- All candidates must be U.S. Citizens and be able to pass a Federal background investigation.
- 2+ years of experience with DOD policies, systems and procedures for personnel, acquisition, inventory, property and material management.
- 2+ years of experience in performing financial statement audits and/or audit readiness services within the Department, the federal government, or Fortune 500 companies.
- 2+ years of experience with basic navigation and research techniques in an SAP based system.
- Financial systems experience.
- Capability to work in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Ability to maintain a positive relationship with customers and other vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to comply with data standards and policies.
- Possess motivation to learn new technologies and methodologies that demonstrate value.
- Past experience working for a Federal Agency.
CSCI is an award-winning information technology and financial management consulting firm founded on one simple philosophy: “Do what is right, always.” We apply this philosophy across all elements of our growing business, from delivering world-class services for customers to providing an environment for associates that encourages personal and professional growth. At CSCI, work and fun aren’t diametrically opposed. Our goal is to hire people with proven track records and retain them with an energizing, diverse company culture. We value each associate’s natural drive to excel, and we provide them with the freedom to do things their way. CSCI seeks the best and brightest in the industry; those who are ready to move their lives and career forward. Join us today, and get excited about Mondays again!
Benefits of Working at CSCI
- Competitive Salaries
- 20 Days Paid Time Off (PTO), plus Paid Holidays
- Full Health Benefits Package including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Team Building Events and Employee Parties
CSCI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity. While all candidates are considered, CSCI encourages the above individuals to apply.
CSCI is committed to helping individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensuring equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation, please contact CSCI Human Resources for further assistance. For questions regarding the qualifications listed above, please contact the CSCI Talent Acquisition Team.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.