Graphic & Front-End Web Designer
Join one of the world’s most prominent Roman Catholic publishers. As a Graphic & Front-End Web Designer for Saint Benedict Press & TAN Books, you will collaborate on, conceptualize, and execute projects that range from website, mobile, and eCommerce design to brand development, digital advertising campaigns, banner promotions, emails, landing pages, direct mail, and product design.
This position is full-time and based in the Charlotte, NC area. While local, office-based candidates are preferred, telecommuting candidates with compelling experience will also be strongly considered. All candidates must submit a portfolio demonstrating their relevant experience for consideration. Comfort working for a family-oriented business with Catholic co-workers is essential.
• Work closely with the team on custom graphic and web designs with execution using
• Develop and execute design concepts for new initiatives including: product-specific micro-
sites, mobile applications (web-based, Apple and Android), marketing campaigns,
product and product packaging, etc.
• Advise management on project specifics including: Identifying user and system
requirements for new websites and applications, presenting development plans and
estimates, and outlining reasons for architectural, design and coding approaches
• Manage third-party developer relationships and workflows, as needed.
• Work with the Webmaster to test and debug new web/mobile functionalities, to
web properties and maintain all software documentation.
• Create marketing email templates, website integration, and automation workflows through
third party providers.
• 5+ years experience in a digital design work environment
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver)
and responsive web frameworks
• Advanced knowledge of Magento and WordPress architectures/extension integration
• Ability to map user experience flows and comprehensives for optimal usability
• Ability to quickly create web layouts/wireframes for management review
• Ability to fully customize any website template, CMS, or theme based on a custom design
direction – creating repeatable, flexible templates
• Ability to collaborate effectively with management, production and marketing team
• Ability to balance projects and manage time efficiently
• Thorough understanding of print design principles
• Bachelors degree or equivalent in a digital design related field
• Keen insight into human behavior: knowing what consumers find believable, interesting,
attractive, provocative and compelling
• Basic knowledge of PHP, SQL and System Integrations (using APIs, SOAP, etc)
• Solid understanding of SEO best practices for clean, organized, bot-legible code
• Multimedia Experience (Ability to animate graphics in After Effects, edit video, etc)
• Google, Magento, MailChimp and/or Wordpress certifications