Full Stack Web Developer
Join a stable, growing business with more than 50 years of sustained success. As a Full Stack Developer for Saint Benedict Press, you will collaborate on, conceptualize, and execute projects that range from website, mobile, and eCommerce design to custom app and web development, sales and marketing software integration, landing pages and product design.
Saint Benedict Press and its sister companies do business all over the United States – with everything from Amazon and Fortune 500 businesses, to “mom and pop” bookstores and small-town business leaders. While our ever-evolving needs make this an exciting opportunity, the best part about working with us is the high-character people you’ll work with and the customers you’ll work for. Our books and multimedia products reach millions of people through eCommerce, bookstores, churches, grade schools, corporate benefits programs, and more.
This position is full-time and based in the Charlotte, NC area. While local, office-based candidates are preferred, telecommuting candidates with compelling experience will also be strongly considered. All candidates must submit a portfolio demonstrating their relevant experience for consideration. Comfort working for a family-oriented business with Christian co-workers is essential.
- Work with graphic designers to convert design concepts to functioning visual elements.
- Work closely with the marketing team to address all stages of software development for existing LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stack websites, improving infrastructure/code integrity and UI/UX needs for Magento and Wordpress-based websites.
- Design architectural concepts for new initiatives including: product-specific micro-sites, mobile applications (web-based, Apple and Android), ERP and other internal systems integrations, etc.
- Understand and maintain security, data protection, code integrity, quality and responsiveness of applications and websites.
- Advise management on project specifics including: Identifying user and system requirements for new websites and applications, presenting development plans and estimates, and outlining reasons for architectural, design and coding approaches.
- Manage third-party relationships and workflows, as needed for tasks such as: marketing email and landing page templates, website integrations (plugins, extensions, etc) and automation workflows.
- Work with existing Marketing and IT team members to test and debug new web/mobile functionalities, to troubleshoot LAMP stack issues, and to develop procedures to manage web properties and maintain all software documentation.
- Advanced knowledge of Magento and WordPress architectures/extension integration
- Ability to map user experience flows and comprehensives for optimal usability
- Ability to fully customize any website template, CMS, or theme based on a custom design direction – creating repeatable, flexible templates
- Ability to quickly create web layouts/wireframes for management review
- Ability to collaborate effectively with management, production and marketing team members
- Ability to balance projects and manage time efficiently
- Thorough understanding of design principles
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver)
- 5+ years experience in a LAMP “Full Stack Developer” or equivalent role
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in a related field
- Demonstrated experience with the Microsoft stack (VisualBasic, .NET, etc) is a strong bonus.
- Keen insight into human behavior: knowing what consumers find believable, interesting, attractive, provocative and compelling
- Solid understanding of SEO best practices for clean, organized, bot-legible code
- Multimedia Experience (Ability to animate graphics in After Effects, edit video, etc)
- Google, Magento, MailChimp and/or Wordpress certifications
Saint Benedict Press is a member of the Good Will Publishers family of businesses.