QA Technician - New IP (12 month Fixed Term Contract)
We have a fantastic opportunity for an individual who has a real passion for testing and quality assurance, to join our development team for an exciting new IP, working with Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First-Person Tactical Shooter IP.
You will be working alongside a team of talented and creative developers on our new undisclosed IP contributing to the creation of a genre-defining game. You will be able to demonstrate a strong work ethic, have a high attention to detail, and the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
Your responsibilities will include: Running daily build/feature smoke tests on all target platforms, ownership and maintenance of bug pipeline for your assigned area of coverage; creation, execution and upkeep of test cases and test scenarios for the areas of coverage assigned to you. To achieve these goals, you will have to analyse the information provided by the Development and Production Teams and be able to identify risk areas by interfacing daily with the domain experts.
Creation of clear and concise bug descriptions, reproduction steps, and build notes/details, all as part of assisting the QA Lead in keeping the bug database healthy and relevant. You will also be expected to review existing issues to ensure priorities and severities are accurate and up to date, as well as providing feedback and suggestions to the development team on how to improve game quality and experience.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Previous experience within an embedded QA team at a game development studio
- Familiarity with bug tracking software and software development tools
- Detail orientated, with strong observational and analytical skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and openly
- Understanding of contemporary Agile workflows and processes
- Actively help and assist colleagues and maintain a ‘can do’ attitude
- Experience with testing of mobile games
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine
- Experience with applications such as JIRA, Confluence, and TestRail
- Adaptability and willingness to improve processes and own development
- ISTQB Certified
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support so you can truly excel in your area of expertise
- Support in Learning and Development; internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases.
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy
All applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK, we cannot provide VISA sponsorship for this position.
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.