Head of Community Marketing
Community is vital to Total War. We are looking for an experienced and passionate individual to lead a team that gets players more involved in their favourite games, brings new players into our world and helps our development team make our games better.
Embedded within our Brand Team at CA and reporting directly to the Studio Marketing Director, the Head of Community Marketing is responsible for the management of our community team and is the vision holder for our global community strategy.
The ideal candidate will bring their previous experience and effectively lead the team, which is a combination of Content Producers, who make and commission all our official community content, and Social Managers, who shout about our games, interact with our fans and feedback on sentiment to development.
We are looking for someone who not only has excellent working knowledge of launching AAA games, but who is ideally also well-versed in the management of games as a live service. The successful individual will have a proven track record of delivering outstanding user acquisition campaigns, within a live service gaming or similar environment.
The successful candidate will run and fine tune those teams with the help of senior members around them; delivering world-class community campaigns that demonstrably and often immediately impact our bottom line.
As Head of Community Marketing, alongside the day-to-day management of a high-performing and fast-moving team, you’ll be expected to mentor and develop your team as well as represent your department at a senior level within the studio. Taking ownership of training, budgets and ensuring your team has the resources to perform to a demanding triple-A standard.
Strategically, you’ll be responsible for driving your team to grow and refine our communications methods and channels in line with our wider brand strategy. You’ll explore and research new avenues, test approaches and develop and execute on short and medium-term plans that increase the size and value of our community.
At a per-title level, you’ll work directly with the Brand Managers on each game, feeding directly into our global marketing strategy for each release with a Community Plan that you’ve devised in collaboration with your team.
You’ll then be comfortable and driven in delivering that plan to time and budget, constantly spotting opportunities for improvement and taking tough decisions and formulating effective solutions to keep our roadmap on track.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Previous experience of working in a games, related media or entertainment marketing, PR or community leadership role at a senior level
- Small to medium sized team leadership experience; providing mentoring and career development
- Experience of working at a strategic level, authoring and executing on plan to objectives
- Excellent organisational and communication skills, to all sizes of audience and levels of seniority
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial in approach, ability to problem solve and idea-generate
- Budget and resource management
- Data analytics experience
- Mentoring junior members of the team
- Passion for games, especially Total War
Closing Date: Thursday 25th July 2019
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support so you can truly excel in your area of expertise
- Support in Learning and Development; internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases.
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.