Senior Full Stack Developer
This is a truly unique opportunity for a Senior Full Stack Developer to join Creative Assembly as part of a hugely talented and world-class development team in an innovative, professional and dynamic games environment.
As a Senior Full Stack Developer on the project, you will be working in a close-knit and flexible team, developing software through design and implementation to system testing, integration and deployment. The successful candidate for this role will be an excellent communicator and be comfortable and confident working with developers across the studio to understand their requirements. A passion for professional development and a commitment to teamwork is key for this position.
As a Senior Full Stack Developer, you will be part of the Live Services team, you will play a key role in central aspects of online games service. This will include web sites, game launchers, game tools, analytics and monitoring.
You will also work with the wider Creative Assembly team, particularly with the brand, game and web teams. Bringing you experience as a senior developer; you will offer guidance on implementation solutions for design-led requirements including UX to the relevant members of the team.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Expertise with code versioning tools and good engineering processes for example Continuous Delivery.
- High level of proficiency of web mark-up, including HTML5, CSS3.
- Experience building content management systems.
- Proficient in building modern front-end interfaces with good UX practices.
- Server-side development experience (JSON/RESTful API)
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Proactive and enthusiastic approach to work
- High level of interest in learning new technologies for software development
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- UX / UI design experience
- Experience of working with systems at scale
- Understanding and working knowledge of front-end desktop and mobile frameworks (Electron, ionic etc)
- Familiarity with working with cloud infrastructure such as AWS
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support so you can truly excel in your area of expertise
- Support in Learning and Development; internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases.
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.