Jira IT Specialist
This is an opportunity for an experienced Jira/Confluence IT Specialist to work across our game development studios based in Horsham, West Sussex.
This is an opportunity for a driven individual to take the reins of our expanding Jira and general Atlassian systems. The role demands both technical and user-focused soft skills as you will be taking hold of the entire system from server to end-user experience.
This is a busy, fast-paced role which requires excellent collaboration skills to liaise with our development teams with a view to standardising our internal usage of Jira. As well as an eye for the technical to push forwards the improvements of the systems from the bottom up. The successful candidate will likely be from a project management, or IT background with a mix of technical a Jira specific skills or experience.
The successful candidate will perform both the short and long term support and development of our Jira and Confluence instances. This will involve working with our I.T. and development teams to coordinate the server, administration and development activities to provide a reliable, state-of-the-art Jira and Confluence environment that is customised to the studio’s requirements.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- I.T. or Database administration experience - able to demonstrate an understanding of command line operations
- Knowledge of Jira project management OR project management principles
- Experience leading meetings and being a key decision maker
- Methodical approach to develop and/or implement best practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge and understanding of the Jira API
- Working knowledge of JQL query language
- Specific knowledge of Jira Cloud and Jira Data Centre implementations
- Specific knowledge of Jira workflow, permission, screen and issue schemes
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of MS Excel
Please note, we cannot sponsor a VISA for this position so applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support so you can truly excel in your area of expertise
- Support in Learning and Development; internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.