Global Social Media Manager - New IP
Creative Assembly is looking for an experienced and creative Global Social Media Manager to lead the global social strategy and activation on our next title. Initially focused on Facebook and Twitter, the successful candidate will have direct experience across all mainstream social media channels (including Instagram, Snapchat, Discord and others where applicable) and will look to deliver innovative, targeted and exciting campaigns across the globe. As the project develops, the ideal candidate will bring experience of building and leading an effective team to support the overall objectives.
Embedded within the studio and sitting across both brand and product, the Global Social Media Manager is a key role within the existing Brand team and we’re looking for someone who is proactive, creative and passionate about both gaming and social media.
As the Global Social Media Manager, you will own the strategic production and deployment of Social Media and Community plans to define, establish and expand a presence on relevant social media platforms. You'll be responsible for finding the best angles and content from the development of the game and sharing them with the world in a way that keeps people engaged and excited.
As the front-line owner of these social networks, you will be expected to push the boundaries of what we can be achieved, set challenging but realistic KPIs, deliver clear results and report on your successes in a well-structured and understandable manner.
Working with the Head of PR and Marketing for the project, you will recruit the Social Media team. You will not only lead your area of expertise but also lead and mentor your team on a day to day basis, bringing the best of their talents to the fore.
This requires developing close working relationships within our audience, Brand Team, Studio Development Teams and within the larger SEGA corporate and local territory structure, understanding global and local campaign timings and needs.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Demonstrable experience of managing a brand's social media channels
- Experience in creating, executing and reporting on AAA global campaigns.
- Experience in campaign budget management and paid activations.
- Experience of effectively leading and managing a team
- A thorough appreciation and/or understanding of shooter games and GaaS models on both PC and Console and their audiences
- Experience in content sourcing, creation and distribution
- Experience of applying CRM tools, social media and online communications within promotional campaigns.
- Previous experience in the marketing of on-going services, including customer retention and loyalty programs, would be highly valued
- A motivated self-starter with excellent project management and planning skills
- Current and on-going knowledge of gaming & entertainment industry trends, competitors, platforms and campaigns
- Excellent writing and presentation skills with the ability to build productive relationships.
- Recruitment and Selection experience
Closing Date: Thursday 25th July 2019
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support so you can truly excel in your area of expertise
- Support in Learning and Development; internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases.
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.