This is a fantastic opportunity for a Development Director to work with the multi award winning Total War team. As part of the leadership team of the title, you will be involved with every aspect of the project through its entire life cycle, coordinating and communicating across multiple disciplines.
The Development Director will work collaboratively with the game team to establish requirements, create project plans, identify dependencies, solve problems, prioritise work and drive project delivery.
In your role as the project Development Director, you will manage the day-to-day and week-to-week process of leading a cross discipline game team. You will provide support to keep the project moving forward and the team positive, motivated and focused.
As Development Director on your project, you will be bringing an array of skills and experience and spend your time planning and communicating across the team. You will also review current processes and methodologies in order to be fully up to date on the state of the project, being clear on progress tracking and reporting to quickly resolve problems and mitigate risk with clear and considered decision making. When the team encounters roadblocks and cannot find alignment, you support them by helping them to find common ground and a shared way forward, this applies inside the team but also with external partners. Financial management is also an area you will be covering as well as managing relationships not just within the studio but also the external stakeholders and as well as Sega.
It is the responsibility of the Development Director to ensure the team is working as smoothly and as efficiently as possible. You will work with key members to ensure the structure supports the game delivery, including defining different roles and responsibilities. You will encourage and support high performing teams to collaborate and keep the development of the game moving forward.
You will lead and mentor the Production team on your project via one to ones alongside day to day management, ensuring they develop their career in line with the studio values.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Very strong organisational skills. Driven and self-motivated
- Experience delivering multiple large game titles, working in an Agile development environment but delivering to strict timelines
- Strong project management experience with a good understanding of planning, scheduling, process and people management
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Able to identify and assess risks and strategize to mitigate.
- Experience successfully managing large, multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience managing complex project budgets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Enthusiastic with a genuine passion for games
- Excellent knowledge and experience using a range of project management tools.
- Knowledge of the Total War Franchise
- Previous experience working with one or more of QA, Localisation, Perforce, JIRA
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support so you can truly excel in your area of expertise
- Support in Learning and Development; internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases.
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.