This is a great opportunity to join a well-respected Games Development Studio as a Buildings Assistant based in Horsham, West Sussex. In this position, the Buildings Assistant will report to the Buildings Manager and be responsible for helping to manage and maintain all aspects of buildings, facilities, utilities and Health and Safety. This includes performing preventative building repairs and maintenance checks, as well as assisting in managing any outsourced third-party facilities management service providers brought in under contract for all Creative Assembly sites in Horsham.
During busy periods, weekend work may be regularly required.
The day to day, as the Buildings Assistant, you will be responsible for maintaining a clean and tidy studio environment alongside the other Studio Support team members. This includes the upkeep of the studio, helping to organise building maintenance as and when required, assisting in managing key dates and 3rd party contact details and contracts. Importantly, you will be one of the first ports of call either face to face or via our office ticket system for the studio for facilities, building and utility issues, security and access maintenance and out of hours callout contact. This may involve responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise which may involve personally rectifying them until third-party contractor can attend site.
As Buildings Assistant, you will be rectifying and/ or reporting the breakdown of equipment or services ensuring that any in-house fixes have been put into place where possible and assist with furniture/equipment removals and assembly. You will support delivering H&S inductions and as well as the upkeep for the Fire Warden and First Aider logs and work with the team to ensure building signage is up to date.
You will be required to help oversee the quality control of the work agreed by contractors and ensure it has been completed satisfactorily with any deficiencies followed up. You will also be assisting with build projects from design to install.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Must work well within a team
- Proficient using MS Office
- Experience with manual handling
- Health and Safety knowledge
- Some HVAC knowledge
- Experience with building fit-outs or moves
- Practical, hands on experience of building maintenance
- Experience of working in multi-site locations
- CAD trained
- M&E knowledge
- Health and Safety trained
- Experience reading schematics
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support so you can truly excel in your area of expertise
- Support in Learning and Development; internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases.
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.