In the role of Cinematic Artist, you will create amazing trailers and cut-scenes for Total War.
You’ll form a key part of the Cinematics team and, working closely with brand and development teams, you’ll be responsible for taking assets from storyboard to final renders. You’ll also assist with a variety of motion graphics, 2D art and gameplay feature related tasks.
As part of the Cinematics team, you’ll be expected to work both independently or as a group on larger projects. You’ll create assets of varying sizes, from screenshots to character driven trailers.
You’ll work closely with our cinematic animators to help plan and execute shoots in our motion capture studio.
You’ll primarily be using our bespoke in-engine cinematic toolset to lay out scenes, animate cameras and set up lighting and VFX. You’ll need to work closely with our tools programmers to help develop features and functionality.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience with Adobe Premiere or other similar video editing software
- Experience using a graph editor for animation
- Excellent written English
- Excellent animation skills for motion graphics and cinematic cameras
- Understanding of principles of animation
- Good eye for scene composition and storytelling
- Photoshop and After Effects
- Other film related experience e.g. lighting, colour correction
- Motion Graphics
- Love of games (especially Total War)
- Formal art training
- Experience modding or with game engines e.g. Unreal Engine
- Filming, directing, sound recording and shoot-planning for traditional video
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.