QA Lead – Compatibility & Graphics
This role will be leading a sub-team that tests the compatibility and graphics for games across the Total War franchise. You will manage a team of technicians, across both historical and fantasy Total War, from alphas through to DLCs ensuring milestones are tested efficiently and accurately.
We are looking for someone who not only has a strong desire to develop and manage individuals in an expanding team, but also has an affinity for computer hardware and graphics. You will be expected to maintain and build upon strong inter-team links while managing and driving to improve current processes to deliver results as accurately and efficiently as possible. This will involve working closely with the graphics, tech-art, and tools teams to ensure the highest quality standards are maintained across a release’s whole life cycle.
You will be responsible for the delivery of milestone reports encompassing the compatibility, graphics functionality, and performance at key points in the life cycle of any given Total War release. Between these you will manage ongoing testing as well as targeted testing of new feature deliveries from the graphics dev team.
As a QA Lead, you will be responsible for the development of your team members, conducting 1 to 1s and ensuring your team develops all the skills they need to execute their roles to the highest standards.
You will work closely with both QA and dev management to both develop reports for their needs and navigate project timelines, ensuring each project gets the coverage it needs at crucial points. You will also work across the Total War QA team to conduct QA-wide compatibility and graphics sweeps, testing all the active QA hardware for a specific milestone. At times you will additionally work with the community team to coordinate investigation user issues, providing specialist knowledge to inform an accurate public response on forums or social media.
Working across all Total War projects you will share responsibility for managing the team’s hardware inventory and ordering new components, either to expand coverage or bring in newly released parts.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Team leadership experience
- Experience with task management software, such as JIRA
- Strong PC hardware knowledge
- Strong inter-team communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills suited to working across multiple projects simultaneously
- Good knowledge of the Total War Series
- A good understanding of game graphics features and settings
- ISTQB testing qualification
- Experience delivering concise and accurate reports to stakeholders
- Strong Excel skills, for example: able to distil large amounts of information into concise figures and results in short order
- Experience with BI reporting software, such as Microsoft Power BI
- Ability to build a PC from parts to Windows booting with minimal advice or assistance
- Experience actively developing team members and helping them progress in their career path
- Knowledge of Steam and game platforms from a development perspective
Currently Creative Assembly is working fully remotely and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation, with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. We will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants, and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support with a dedicated learning and development. We offer among other activities; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite confidential wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy.
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values. We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft. Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.