Lead Concept Artist
As the Lead Concept artist on the project, you will be leading a talented team ensuring they are delivering high quality concepts in line with our game resource plan and works to effectively communicate the creative vision of the game.
Working closely with the Project Art Director, as Lead Concept Artist, you will be one of the key stakeholders ensuring the creative vision is clearly communicated and maintained across the team.
Alongside your leadership duties, you will also be responsible for generating a variety of concepts and illustrations, from character and environment concepts to matte painting.
Communication and working collaboratively across disciplines are vital to the success of role. You will bring your practical experience to the team and be comfortable with balancing priorities and schedules. It is essential that you have a proven ability to lead and get the best out of a creative team, whilst being considerate of your team’s individual needs.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Excellent traditional artistic skills with an excellent grasp of composition, anatomy, colour theory, perspective, lighting, environment, architectural and character design
- Excellent people skills and the ability to inspire, motivate and develop a team
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide feedback
- Fluent with Photoshop
- An understanding of visual design methodologies
- Ability to balance quality and time for your team
- Visual storytelling
- Experience in one full game development cycle in a Senior or Lead position
- A good understanding of game play and game mechanics
- Experience with 3D modelling software
- A passion for games
- Familiarity with Total War
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.