Senior Graphics Programmer
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to a new core technology initiative at Creative Assembly.
Working with our experienced graphics team, you will have the opportunity to leverage the latest rendering techniques to push forward the look and feel of our games. You will work with the team, bringing a creative mindset to challenge the limits of graphics programming, and make a real contribution to the player experience on a world-leading strategy game franchise.
Working in a varied and challenging and development environment, you will be researching and implementing new graphics related technologies. You will work on GPU/CPU optimisations and program modules of the game including; design, implementation, debugging and documentation.
As a key member of the team, you will collaborate with the Art and Design teams in solving problems and implementing new features. Working with the Lead Programmer and Development Manager you will be helping to define realistic targets and deliverables, ensuring they are achieved. All of this is achieved by keeping to the studios high-quality programming standards and development processes. Communication is key to the success of this role and you will be expected to clearly and confidently communicate issues that may arise and offer solutions to resolve them.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Fluent C++
- Experience with Visual Studio
- Experience with DirectX 11
- Experience with DirectX 12 or Vulkan
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Experience working on at least three shipped titles
- Multi-threaded / multi-core development experience
- RTS game enthusiast or thorough appreciation of the Total War franchise
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke and funded relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.