Game Producer - New IP
Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First-Person Shooter IP.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Development Manager to join our talented production team at our studio in Horsham, based in heart of Sussex, England.
In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day process of coordinating a cross-discipline pipeline, and the daily needs of the technical teams. You will pro-actively identify breakpoints or shortcomings, and in collaboration with your manager, define and deploy strategies to address them.
As a Development Manager on the project, you will run the scrum meetings of several teams and focus them on the key priorities while tracking their progress toward our goals and actively participate in managing the development team schedule and meeting milestones.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Help ensure tech and decision pipelines are freed up and help the teams you are supervising to plan each sprint while keeping the team positive and motivated
- Communicate all relevant changes with key members of the team and adapt the schedule
- Develop and foster positive relationships within the team and other relevant third parties including internal relationships with SEGA
- Interpret the schedule and communicate with the leadership team when a more flexible, agile approach is required to meet objectives
Knowledge, Skill and ExperienceEssential
- Proven experience of delivering AAA games with 1 to 2 shipped titles; ideally, a least one of which had a Live Operations service
- Able to identify and assess risks and strategize to mitigate
- A skilled and thorough planner - scheduling, planning, tracking and resource allocation
- Up-to-date knowledge and a keen interest in methodologies
- Experience with Agile, Scrum and Waterfall
- Adaptability – able to evolve and adjust plans to the current best knowledge
- Excellent problem-solving skills, aware of potential and current issues and formulate pragmatic plans to solve them
- Finding better and more efficient ways of working, our people are our most valuable asset; support them to be successful and work to make the team perform cohesively
- Great judgement, consistently taking into consideration the priorities set by the project directors
- Experience working with technical teams and outsourcing.
- Advanced skills with software such as PowerBi, Excel, JIRA and Hansoft
- Build delivery
- SharePoint and Office macros
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke and funded relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.