Associate User Experience Researcher
This is an exciting opportunity for an Associate User Experience Researcher to join our team at Creative Assembly. Your primary purpose will be to help our development teams create world class games by providing reliable and actionable feedback on game functionality and usability via user research tests on consumers.
- Communicating with development teams to gather test requirements.
- Assisting with the design and moderation of user research tests.
- Selecting and scheduling users with the team.
- Observing users and taking notes during the play sessions.
- Discussing, analysing, and collating notes into a presentable form within the team.
- Presenting results to development and management teams.
- Assisting the user research team in improving processes and methodology.
- Gaining detailed knowledge in the games being tested.
- Advocating for user-centred design.
- You will have studied HCI, or a related discipline like Interaction Design to a degree level.
- Knowledge on how usability tests are conducted.
- A passionate interest in video games, as well as a good understanding of video games, genres, and key video game concepts.
- Ability to translate research findings into actionable next steps.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively, meet deadlines, and juggle priorities under pressure.
- Previous experience of moderating usability tests.
- Knowledge of statistics.
Salary: Competitive plus Benefits
Closing Date: 12th November 2019
Location: Horsham, West Sussex
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support so you can truly excel in your area of expertise
- Support in Learning and Development; internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases.
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.