Technical Artist - New IP
You will be part of a dedicated Technical Art team working on our new Tactical FPS title, you have an excellent opportunity to make your mark on the new IP from Creative Assembly’s multi-award-winning console development team. The team is focused on improving the quality and efficiency of creating art for our games and you will be a key part of helping the artists realise their vision in the game. This role will have you in contact with many different areas of art production and you’ll be contributing significantly to our art pipelines.
As part of the Technical Art team you will build and maintain art content pipelines and develop technical solutions to facilitate our artists in producing world class content for our games.
Day to day you will work on planned pipeline changes and improvements, as well as supporting the art team with ad hoc assistance as required. You will work on a variety of technical areas, from creating standalone scripted tools, building integrated toolsets within DCC software, authoring in game shaders, writing technical documentation and measuring game performance.
You will also be a bridge of information between artists and programmers, assisting with communication and streamlining problem solving for both sides when required.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Previous experience in a technical art role on multiple shipped AAA titles
- Ability to communicate effectively in across the team
- Fluent in cutting edge art authoring techniques and processes
- Experience designing and maintaining tools in a production environment
- Expert knowledge of one or more 3D software packages (Maya, 3ds Max, MotionBuilder)
- Expert knowledge of Python
- UE4 production experience
- Practical experience and a strong comprehension of PBR
- Houdini production experience
- Working knowledge of a variety of content creation software, such as; Substance, Marvelous Designer, Fusion, Marmoset, Quixel, etc.
- Experience in other scripting and programming languages (PyMel, Maxscript, C#, C++, etc.)
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support so you can truly excel in your area of expertise
- Support in Learning and Development; internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases.
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.