The multi award winning Total War team are looking for an experience AI Programmer to join them.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with our existing Battle AI team creating compelling, challenging, and most of all fun to play AI for the real-time battle component of future Total War titles. This is a rare chance to work on one of the biggest AI challenges in computer games, with a real-time restriction and the need to control tens of agents action together strategically and tactically.
Working as part of the Battle AI team, you will develop, improve and support the Total War battle AI. This means you will be working with the design team to analyse requirements, suggesting solutions and ultimately developing the required code. This can be anything from small changes to entire new systems. Since our fans spend a lot of time playing against AI, working on the battle AI offers a real opportunity to shape the player experience.
We have regular meetups with the wider AI team at Creative Assembly to discuss our work and there are opportunities to attend and talk at industry conferences.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience in a in a relevant technical field such as computer science, software engineering, mathematics or physics
- Excellent C++ programming skillset
- Good object oriented design skills
- High level of analytical and mathematical ability
- Excellent communication skills to enable effective collaboration with programmers, designers, artists and production staff
- Excellent academic background
- Experience as an AI Programmer
- Broad gaming experience and a sense for good game design
- Keen player of games, ideally including Total War
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.