Experienced UI Artist
Our award-winning Total War developers are looking an experienced UI Artist to join the team to work on our new CCG title Total War: Elysium. We are looking for an enthusiastic and accomplished developer who will be able to work with our UI/UX and take it to the next level.
As an experienced UI Artist on the team, you will apply your extensive design knowledge and work with your wider team to bring about optimal UI designs. You will be interested in both aspects of the role and be a capable 2D artist to create skeuomorphic design elements. You will use your game knowledge in your work and have deep understanding of game interface conventions and mechanics and want to work on an evolving and challenging game series.
In each area you work on, you will be responsible for developing highly usable game experience and information design. Developing and implementing layouts and will also be key to this role. You will also create purely visual elements, skinning existing layouts and icon creation.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Proven UI experience on at least one shipped title, or a very strong UI portfolio
- Demonstrate good use of typography, iconography, composition, colour theory and motion graphics
- Practical experience of implementing interfaces using the Unity UI system
- Experience of working from wireframe designs through to final implementation
- Ability to design and implement UI for multiple platforms, especially mobile and PC
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Attention to detail for quality UI and be able to clearly communicate this
- Must be a creative and practical problem solver
- Knowledge of a 3D package such as 3DS Max, Maya or Substance
- Gamer who plays a variety of genres
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support so you can truly excel in your area of expertise
- Support in Learning and Development; internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases.
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.