Senior Animator - New IP
Creative Assembly's award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First-Person Tactical Shooter IP.
The team are looking for an accomplished Senior Animator who demonstrates outstanding all round creativity, artistic ability and with a keen eye for quality to join our Animation Team.
They will have the ability to produce stunning work and have experience in developing animation systems for games. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed creative skills and good technical ability.
This is an excellent opportunity for an Animator to make their mark on the new, undisclosed IP from Creative Assembly’s multi-award-winning team.
You will be responsible for creating and implementing high quality animations whether key framed by hand and/or working with Mocap.
With a passion to push the standard; communication, approachability and proactivity is vital for this role, as you will be expected to engage with other disciplines to drive content and new concepts through. A thorough understanding of game pipelines and gameplay mechanics is essential in this role, as is the desire and ability to mentor and help develop less experienced members of the team.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience working on at least one shipped AAA game
- Expert hand-key animation skills for both humans and creatures
- Excellent problem-solving skills with emphasis on proactivity
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated and proven ability to work well within a team with a passion for games
- Experienced dealing with gameplay animations and knowledge of implementing animations in-game
- Excellent understanding of animation pipelines from conceptual phase to deployment
- Strong ability to communicate clear direction and feedback to help mentor and guide fellow teammates
- An acute awareness of the latest developments within the games industry – consistently striving to push your work and others to the next level
- Proficiency in Maya and/or Motionbuilder
- Experience working on titles developed in UE4
- Experience working with animation networks and behaviour trees
- Experience with motion capture
- Taking ownership of entire features within a game
- Experience with character setup – rigging and skinning
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support so you can truly excel in your area of expertise
- Support in Learning and Development; internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases.
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.