Lead Engine Programmer - New IP
Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First-Person Tactical Shooter IP using Unreal 4.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced game engine programmer to bring a deep level of knowledge to a proven AAA game development team. You will be a leading and mentoring our engine team and have responsibility for graphics features, performance and ensuring all platforms are supported. You will have a deep technical knowledge coupled with great leadership skills and a real passion for making great games.
As the Lead of the Engine team and key member of the project leadership team, you will be working closely with the entire development team to get the most out of our hardware and software.
Bringing your technical skills and experience to the team, you will lead the way with the graphics feature development on the project whilst ensuring that the game is performant with respect to CPU, GPU and memory budgets. You will also collaborate with all disciplines to understand how their work can best be realised within the constraints of our technology.
As the lead for this part of team, you will mentor, lead and motivate the developers on your team to really bring the best out of the work and the career pathway.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Fluent in C++ programming
- A deep knowledge of Unreal 4 development
- Experience in leading and mentoring more junior developers
- Happy and confident working with other disciplines
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Fluent in HLSL/shader languages
- A love of cutting-edge graphic technologies
- Able to own significant features of the game development
- Experience with multi-platform console development
- Experience with parallel programming techniques
- An excellent academic background in computer science, maths or engineering or relevant subject
- Experience of delivery of a Game As A Service
- Experience developing a First-Person Shooter game title
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support so you can truly excel in your area of expertise
- Support in Learning and Development; internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases.
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.