Lead Cinematic Artist - CA Sofia
You will be leading a team of cinematic artists creating stunning trailers and cutscenes for Total War, primarily focusing on the historic titles. You’ll help define the direction for both AAA marketing assets and in-game cutscenes.
This is a full-time role in Sofia, Bulgaria.
This role requires a high level of competency in both the technical and creative elements in creating and delivering cinematic assets. You will play a pivotal role in all aspects of the cinematic process including narrative, story-boarding, previz, animatic, motion capture, shot creation, directing, editing, cinematography, rendering, motion graphics, lighting, and audio.
As a team lead, you’ll be responsible for delivering a variety of cinematic assets, from character narrative-driven trailers to in-game faction intros or real-time battle cutscenes. You’ll also need to work closely with game developers and tools programmers to solve complex technical issues and build and improve our cinematic pipeline and tool-set.
You’ll need to collaborate with marketing and game development teams to give, receive, and implement feedback, prioritising, and managing tasks to ensure that deliverables are completed on time and to specification.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience in leading a team
- Experience in a senior position in a similar industry
- Experience with using game engines to create in-engine cinematics
- Ability to communicate and present ideas clearly
- Flair for composition, lighting, and cinematography
- Passionate about storytelling and narrative
- Good knowledge of Maya
- Expert with Adobe Premiere
- Excellent written English
- Love of games (especially Total War).
- After Effects
- Experience creating hard-hitting motion graphics
- Formal art training
- Experience in modelling
- Experience with character animation
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams, and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrives working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams, and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.