Acquisition, Retention & Monetisation (ARM) Manager
As Acquisition, Retention & Monetisation (ARM) Manager at Creative Assembly, you will play a key role in current and future projects. You will define and champion the global ARM strategy for Total War Games-as-a-Service titles and other CA projects, in co-operation with Live Services Leads, Game Directors and Brand Managers.
In addition, you will drive the growth of ARM capability within CA including in-house and outsourced expertise, practices and systems aligned to CA commercial objectives and game service requirements.
As the ARM Manager, you will champion ARM in project and business planning, building a business case for ARM campaigns and setting expectations and target business outcomes.
You will stay at the forefront of trends and new tech developments for ARM, sharing across studio stakeholders.
You will consult with Game Directors and Designers on tailored ARM strategies, tactics and actions for in-game/in-service player engagement, from early in the development process through launch and live service.
You will help set ARM goals and define campaigns to deliver against those KPIs for game services on PC and mobile, including upcoming and back catalogue games, aligned with studio goals and working with Brand Managers and project leads to integrate ARM strategy into their plans.
You will deliver ARM campaign analysis, optimisation and feedback, working closely with the CA Business Intelligence team to create and maintain effective ARM analytics and reporting.
In this role you will drive the development of ARM capability within the studio, and evaluate external services and tools required to deliver ARM campaigns, managing the relationships with relevant suppliers and agreeing contractual deliverables including deadlines, reporting and business KPIs.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Recent experience of planning and managing paid acquisition campaigns for mobile games, including budget management, agency management and campaign analysis.
- Experience in ASO (App Store optimisation) and working with digital stores to maximise discoverability.
- Analytical approach and ability to make data-driven decisions, including experience with Google Analytics and attribution tools.
- Ability to work across teams including Production, Marketing, BI and Finance teams.
- Recent experience of mobile soft launch and hard launch.
- Experience of paid acquisition for PC games.
- Enjoys working in a Live Ops environment (in games or another industry).
- Experience of working directly with development teams and integrating MarTech solutions.
- Experience of affiliate, referral and partnership campaigns.
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support so you can truly excel in your area of expertise
- Support in Learning and Development; internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases.
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.