Community Game Experience Manager – China Region
The person in this crucial role will sit within the Community team and benefit the wider studio, acting as a conduit between the Chinese fanbase and the development teams across all of our Total War projects and releases.
Your mission is to help ensure the best possible post-release experience for our Chinese players. Monitoring and reacting to sentiment changes, customer service flow and user experience across a variety of projects.
You’ll be the structured, thoughtful voice of the Chinese player community within CA, garnering valuable feedback from long-term and new players, providing insight and intel on design and product direction, and filtering and refining it into clear action points.
You’ll be a clear and confident communicator, able to mix credibly with all areas of the studio to effect positive change for our Chinese players, increasing the ultimate quality of our games in a direct and measurable way.
Understanding, witty and the right mix of idealist and realist, the CCGXM will be recognised internally and externally as the Chinese players’ rep. Championing causes and dishing out doses of reality, you’ll be a public face of the studio and deeply entrenched in our games and social media.
Day-to-day, the Community Game Experience Manager for the China Region will be primarily concerned with taking the temperature of our public communities, and feeding back to the wider Community Team, Brand Team and relevant Dev Teams on any recommended actions or reactions.
This could be something that needs to happen urgently, and you’ll be working closely with the Live Ops team to ensure anything necessary happens quickly and efficiently. On the other hand, this might call for a piece of explanatory content; a blog post or video you might make or commission yourself to help explain a gameplay detail. Or it could be a fully-fledged report on multiplayer features for the Game Director of the next major Total War release, some four years off.
Entrepreneurial and self-prioritising, you’ll be talking and meeting with all levels of seniority throughout the business, intelligently distilling the feedback from our players and getting it actioned. You’ll have the tenacity to follow-through and champion your causes, balancing your knowledge of schedules, practicalities, commercial pressures and the studio’s drive to make world-class games.
Experienced in community management, you’ll be able to respond quickly and with authority in public, helping set the tone of communication alongside your colleagues. Our strategy for defining communication about player feedback will come from you, and you’ll need to keep clued up on our marketing plans in order to effectively implement your own ideas for generating engagement and positivity across social media.
You’ll also be responsible for best utilising reports from third partners. You’ll need to be able to take reports and feedback and turn it into useful insight and collaborate on messaging and responses. You will be working closely with business partners in China on Community strategy and communications and reviewing and reporting community engagement and sentiment on a daily basis.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Knowledge of Chinese gaming community hubs, such as Baidu and Weibo
- Fluency in both Mandarin Chinese and English language
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with all levels of seniority, internally and externally across a variety of channels
- Superb reporting skills, able to filter information fast and deliver it to the right set of stakeholders
- Formidable organisations skills, and a pro-active and troubleshooting attitude to resolve blockers and source solutions quickly
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated, able to spot opportunities, creatively problem solve and initiate and finish projects to spec and deadline
- Strong familiarisation with the strategy genre and finger on the pulse of the current mood and direction of the wider PC player community
- Willing to travel to China for business trips
- Public-facing communications experience, and or previous community marketing communications role
- QA and/or Customer Service experience in a software environment, familiarity with the design process and bug reporting software, best practice and related methodologies
- Professional experience in client or stakeholder management
- A thorough appreciation of the Total War range of titles specifically and previous Creative Assembly games is desirable
- Understanding of the wider software development process and games industry
Closing Date: Thursday 25th July 2019
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support so you can truly excel in your area of expertise
- Support in Learning and Development; internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases.
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.