Class A CDL Driver
Coastal Pacific Food Distributors is looking for Tractor Trailer Drivers for local and over the road delivery. May require early morning, evenings and weekend work.
- The work week will involve any of the 7 days of a week.
- Runs will be established using both mileage and hourly rates.
- Work will consist of making deliveries to our customers, dropping and picking up containers at the port and moving containers in the yard.
- Overtime may be mandated according to business needs.
- Shift time may be adjusted in accordance with customer needs.
- Legally, safely and efficiently operate a tractor trailer with 40 to 45 foot containers and 48 foot loaded trailer.
- Conduct pre-trip and post trip inspections and properly record designated information in the proper logs.
- When operating any tractor, make sure that it is left in neat and clean condition.
- Monitor and fuel refrigerated units on refrigerated trailers when used in the delivery process.
- Correctly and accurately maintain all required DOT logs and other paperwork that may be required by the company.
- Correctly and accurately operate any on board computers that may be used in the delivery or truck operation process.
- Assist with unloading and the check-in process when making deliveries. This involves active participation in the counting process to insure accuracy and case handling if re-stacking is necessary. Case handling may require manual lifting of over 50 pounds repeatedly. Unloading will require the ability to safely operate a manual or electric pallet jack.
- Maintain courtesy and professionalism when dealing with both internal and external customers. The driver is an official representative of the company.
- When on the road or "on call", follow all reporting and checking-in procedures as required.
- The operator will be expected to perform, or assist with, any other business related duties as directed by Supervision.
- Must be able to climb up and down from the cab of a tractor and trailer.
- Must be able to open, close, and secure all types of trailer doors.
- Must be able to write legibly and perform simple math functions.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds repeatedly.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, stand, walk, and reach frequently.
- Must be able to safely and legally operate a tractor with a loaded trailer.
- Must complete the application on site thoroughly and submit a current driving record along with it.
- Must possess a current valid Class A commercial driver's license.
- Must have two years of verifiable tractor trailer driving experience.
- Must have a driving record that has no convictions for reckless driving or DUI and no negative points.
EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled. CPFD is committed to the Drug Free Workplace Act
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.