Commercial Agency Attorney Collector
COMMERCIAL AGENCY ATTORNEY COLLECTOR
Convergent Commercial, Inc., a nationwide commercial collection agency, is seeking a part-time/temp to perm Attorney Collector to join its team in their White Plains, NY office. Experience in commercial collections and/or creditor’s rights is preferred but will train the right candidate with consumer or other accounts receivable experience in an outbound call environment.
The attorney is responsible for contacting debtors (and their attorneys, if applicable) regarding past-due accounts and negotiating acceptable payment solutions. This position requires the ability to professionally negotiate with a variety of different personalities to collect on business to business debts. All work is done in the office – no courtroom appearances will be required.
Knowledge and Skills
- JD degree; has passed or is eligible to take the state bar exam
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Strong interpersonal skills and integrity
- Good organizational skills
- Professional phone etiquette
- Positive attitude
- Ability to solve problems
- Works well in a team/competitive environment
- Negotiation skills
- No background issues related to theft or violence of any kind
- Stable work history
- Can maintain confidentiality
Salary is open, depending on experience. The schedule can be flexible (between 8:00am and 5:00pm, Monday – Friday).