401K, Health, Vision, Dental!
Established more than 60 years ago, Convergent is one of America’s largest business process outsourcing, receivables management and outsourcing companies, with twelve operating centers across four time zones.
We are currently seeking ambitious, self-motivated, driven TEAM MEMBERS for a challenging, intense and ever-evolving career in the collections arena. This an opportunity to join an established team; immediately benefiting from the wealth of collective experience from our team while being supported by a strong and savvy, management team.
The Senior Collections Manager is responsible for monitoring and driving the collection floor, as well as handling collection floor problems, reviews, collector training, interviewing, hiring, staffing, monitoring of supervisors and implementing company policies and procedures. Resolves problems and makes recommendations for improving account handling process.
- This position will require travel between our Renton, WA and San Antonio, TX offices.
- Responsible for ensuring that optimum performance is being attained from collection supervisors and collectors within the group.
- Gives managerial floor presence and steps in when law violations or debtor calls get out of hand.
- Frequent meeting with collectors and other management to determine the training needs of all collectors.
- Ensures supervisors are conducting and maintaining training records
- Reports any violations in collection laws, company collection or personnel policies to the Director of Operations.
- Handles interviewing, hiring & terminating for their department in partnership with Human Resources
- Learn and have a thorough knowledge of the company systems
- Continually reviews collector activity, phone reports and goal sheets to identify areas training would help improve a collector’s performance
- Assists with client audits and visits
- Facilitates client conference calls
- Responsible for Operational Client Reporting-producing, updating, and sending to clients as required
- Recommends increases and promotional reviews with Director of Operations for approval
- Ensure all work is performed in compliance with Company Policies as well as local, state and federal collections laws and regulations
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- 10 years major collection experience, with at least 5 years in a supervisory role
- Management experience in collections preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Knowledge of FDCPA and state laws
- Able to change direction as needed in order to meet the needs of customers; both internal and external
- Can work under pressure and assist where required in meeting critical deadlines
- Capable of maintaining confidentiality