Mortgage Loan Officer
Mortgage Loan Officer
The Consumers Credit Union team is looking to hire a passionate Mortgage Loan Officer (MLO) to join our team. As a MLO, you will serve the members of the credit union by advising them on the best way to purchase or re-finance their home and facilitate the origination of those loans. In addition, you will generate leads through outside sources and serve credit union office referrals.
Our ideal candidate has a proven track record of sales through personal service, experience with Emcompass, the ability to serve members on their schedule, strong written and verbal communication skills, and strong established connections and deep involvement in the community.
As an employee of Consumers Credit Union, you are genuine and passionate. You are purposeful and like to be the solution, but more importantly, you are a servant leader.
What you will do:
- Serve the membership of Consumers Credit Union by providing residential real estate financing.
- Originate mortgage applications that are eligible for sale to FNMA/FHLBI/USDA-Rural Development or Consumers Credit Union portfolio.
- Meet goals set for the position.
- Promote and cross sell other products and services as appropriate to the member.
- Interview members and request specific information/documents to insure a complete and accurate loan application.
- Keep interested parties informed of loan status from application to closing.
- Analyze member’s financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of the loan.
- Compile a complete and accurate loan package with all necessary disclosures completed and signed by both the member and the MLO.
- Call on realtors, builders, CPA’s, CFP’s, and other third parties to obtain referrals for potential mortgage loan applications.
- Attend home mortgage functions such as home shows, Board of Realtors functions, Home Builders Association functions and promote all products and services offered by Consumers Credit Union.
- Attend continuing education classes/seminars as directed by the department manager.
What you'll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Documented track record of sales through personal service
- Ability to serve members on their schedule
- Strong connections and deep involvement in the community
- Ability to generate leads without a warm referrals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
What you didn't know about the team:
The Mortgage Sales team support members finance potentially the biggest investment of their lives and the team takes a lot of ownership in that.
“We’re taught very early on to treat this as if we own it as well, and so we take a lot of pride in that.” – Renee Z., MLO
Consumers offers outstanding health, dental, and vision plans and an excellent health insurance plan, which features low copays at the doctor and a low deductible for major medical. A 401(k) plan that provides a 100 percent match up to your first 10 percent of contribution following one year of employment. Plus generous paid time off, paid gym memberships, in-house training, wellness programs, life coaches, tuition reimbursement, and more. And don’t forget, loan discounts.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity.
We are a proud Veteran & Military Friendly Employer.