Senior Software Engineer - .Net
Aptify is now part of Community Brands.
Community Brands is a software company that helps organizations achieve social good. Through our technology, we help more than 100,000 associations, nonprofits, schools, faith-based organizations, and partners grow stronger and achieve their missions. Like our clients, our nearly 2,700 employees strive to improve the world in which they live, and we believe that technology plays an important role in that. We are techies and volunteers who dream big and are motivated by more than just a cool job (though that’s a great perk we offer too). The Community Brands culture is one where employees can pursue this passion as part of their profession, and we’re looking for great employees to join us!
We are looking for talented Sr. Software Engineer to work within the development teams on multiple product lines, ensuring that we deliver quality software that meets the business requirements of our organization and its customers. This position will be located in our Pune Office.
- Responsible for translating business requirements into systems qualities and thence into repeatable design strategies and patterns that enable those qualities (e.g. adaptability, scalability, availability, non-repudiation, reusability, etc.)
- Design and Develop Software by, following SOA design and development guidelines, understanding Aptify Framework, following Aptify Best Practices for Coding and Reviewing, following complete SW lifecycle.
- Selects the paradigm and technology for application program-to-program communication (APPC) among the components.
- Determines the overall priority ranking of each of the possible system qualities (cost, reusability, robustness, etc.)
- Responsible for defining the application tiers, frameworks, components types and interfaces. Also, creates the first-draft graphical template of UML design models
- Specifies and provides ownership of reusable application components or reusable application code.
- Strong communication with both technical and business teams; Strong design experience and technical knowledge; Analytical and 'joined-up' thinking; Conflict resolution
- Establish technology strategy at an application level
- Build reusable components and Service layered framework.
- Be part of Agile SCRUM team, understanding the Agile process set in the product, making sure the team is following the process thoroughly as set by Project Manager, discuss with PM on any deviations from the process, maintain the various artifacts and dashboards with help of the team.
We'd love to chat if you have...
- 5 – 8 years experience as an Application and/or Software Engineer in .NET frameworks (1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5) with the ability to code in C# and do code reviews
- Good understanding of Service Orientation and Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience in custom CRM projects is desirable
- Experience in creating proxies, Web services using SOAP and REST Interfaces using WCF or MVC4 Web API’s
- Experience in performance tuning
- Experience in service oriented application design and development
- ASP.NET MVC 4 or other similar web application frameworks (e.g. FubuMVC, Rails)
- Earlier experience in handling teams and mentor them on technology
- Good & Effective Communication Skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently while tackling complex problems.
- Ability and passion to continually learn and work with cutting edge technologies.
- Rock solid knowledge of systems design, abstraction, modularity, service orientation, reliability, scalability, security and operations.
- Translate business requirements into systems design
- Relevant Engineering Degree or MCA or MCM Graduate with good academic grades.
Good People, Doing Good Things:
Employees at Community Brands are techies and volunteers who strive to make the Company a great place to work. We dream big and are motivated to help our customers use the technology we create to improve the world around us. And, we look forward to you being part of our story!
- Planned Paid Time Off
- Purpose Driven Culture
- Work-life balance
- Passionate about Community Involvement
- Company Paid Parental Leave
- Remote Flexibility