Build & Release Engineer
Aptify is now part of Community Brands.
Community Brands is a software company that helps organizations achieve social good. Through our technology, we help more than 100,000 associations, nonprofits, schools, faith-based organizations, and partners grow stronger and achieve their missions. Like our clients, our nearly 2,200 employees strive to improve the world in which they live, and we believe that technology plays an important role in that. We are techies and volunteers who dream big and are motivated by more than just a cool job (though that’s a great perk we offer too). The Community Brands culture is one where employees can pursue this passion as part of their profession, and we’re looking for great employees to join us!
We are looking for a Build & Release Engineer with experience in building assemblies and developing setup for Aptify applications. You should have good knowledge about build and setup engineering. That knowledge will be used along with Microsoft Technologies to build setup for Windows, Web, SOA and Mobile Applications. The candidate must be an experienced web developer with an Agile development background and the ability to complete tasks on schedule. This role requires professional communication and collaboration with a cross functional team, stake holders and clients. This position will be located in our Pune Office.
- Build Setup Programs by following build and setup engineering guidelines, understanding the Framework, following Best Practices for build and setup, configuring entities and applications as required and collaborating with build engineering team.
- Manage Code Repository by maintaining code repository in TFS, perform and administer database baseline, improve practices of branching and code merge, establish process control points and configure TFS reporting suite to custom needs of development team.
- Provide Setup related assistance by unit testing of setup on different environment, debug and fix issues faced by team in installation of setup, assist QA team in getting the setup tested by providing required guidelines for setup & deployment, work with Documentation team in documenting Setup and Deployment process, maintaining the versioning of assemblies and application as per the builds released.
- Be part of Agile SCRUM by understanding the Agile process and follow the process to provide build at end of sprint cycles required.
- Improve Setup and Build Process by automating setup and build related tasks, re-engineering setup for better user experience, leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
We'd love to chat if you have...
- 3 - 5 years of experience as a Build Engineer with experience in developing setup applications
- Basic .Net development skills, programming background
- Worked on at least 2 full cycle Application Life Cycle management projects using Team Foundation Server 2010 or 2012
- 2+ years of experience of developing Setup for Windows and Web Based applications.
- Solid Knowledge of RDBMS, preferably with Microsoft SQL 2005 / 2008.
- Experience of working with code repositories like TFS (or similar) and automation of configuration management tasks
- Experience of continuous integration build systems (e.g. Cruisecontrol, Jenkins, Hudson, etc.)
- Experience of using tools to integrate best practices like static code analysis, automated unit tests and integration tests, code coverage analyzers, creation of sand-box systems, etc.
- Ability to automate and speed up build and release process.
- Experience of Building and Packing Mobile applications using PhoneGap would be an added advantage.
- Good & Effective Communication Skills.
- Experience in working as Configuration Specialist in Microsoft application areas
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently while tackling complex problems.
Nice to have…
- Git, Migrating TFS to git
- Knowledge of Azure Cloud
- Symbol servers
- Nuget repositories – setting them up, defining them, utilizing them in builds
- Containers (Docker)
- DevOps, Jenkins
Good People, Doing Good Things:
Employees at Community Brands are techies and volunteers who strive to make the Company a great place to work. We dream big and are motivated to help our customers use the technology we create to improve the world around us. And, we look forward to you being part of our story!
- Planned Paid Time Off
- Purpose Driven Culture
- Work-life balance
- Passionate about Community Involvement
- Company Paid Parental Leave
- Remote Flexibility