Accounts Payable Manager
Community Brands is a software company that helps organizations achieve social good. Through our technology, we assist more than 100,000 associations, nonprofits, K-12 schools, faith-based organizations, and partners grow stronger and achieve their missions. Like our clients, our nearly 2,200+ employees strive to improve the world in which they live, and we believe that technology plays an important role in that. We are techies and volunteers who dream big and are motivated by more than just a cool job (though that’s a great perk). The Community Brands culture is one where employees can pursue this passion as part of their profession, and we’re looking for great employees to join us!
A Day in the Life
This position is largely geared towards Accounts Payable oversight and management, though will directly participate in related general ledger areas (i.e., prepaid assets, accruals, cash management, etc.). The individual will be involved, to a limited extent, with General Ledger reconciliations, monthly closing activities, year-end close, and the Company’s annual audit. This position requires flexibility, a “can-do” attitude, attention to detail and a strong understanding of accounting principles. This position is also responsible for responding to internal customer and external vendor inquiries, oversight of an accounts payable team in multiple locations and various other reporting activities.
In this role you’ll
- Review and approval various types of accounts payable transactions (invoices, payments, expense reimbursements, wires, etc.) in the Intacct system timely and accurately.
- Respond on a timely basis to vendors and internal departments regarding invoice status, payment status, and other questions related to items processed by AP
- Work with the functional group to resolve purchase order to invoice variances
- Create check run, match invoices to checks and coordinate the mailing of signed checks.
- Record wire and ACH payments within the accounting system
- Obtain required information (W9, supplier form, 1099 status, etc.) from new vendors and setup in the accounting system.
- Coordinate with appropriate employees to ensure invoices are scanned, attached and filed in a timely and accurate manner
- Perform reconciliation of Corporate credit card accounts on a monthly basis
- Review, approve and ensure distribution of annual 1099 filings
- Protect company proprietary and confidential information
- Ensure prepayments, fixed asset purchases are captured via the invoice/PO process and are appropriately captured in the general ledger
- Analyze monthly accounts payable activity to identify missing invoices and recommend expense accruals.
We’re looking for someone who brings
- 7-10 years of progressive experience within accounts payable, including knowledge of general ledger accounting
- Intacct experience preferred, but not required
- Experience in the software industry is a plus
- Ability to interface with internal and external customers via email, phone, and face to face utilizing strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to apply intermediate-level accounting concepts
Employees at Community Brands are techies and volunteers who strive to make the Company a great place to work. We dream big and are motivated to help our customers use the technology we create to improve the world around us. And, we look forward to you being part of our story!
- Unlimited Planned Paid Time Off
- Generous Sick Leave
- Casual Environment
- Purpose Driven Culture
- Work-life balance
- Passionate about Community Involvement
- Company Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Short Term Disability
- Remote Flexibility
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities