Software QA Analyst - Automation
Community Brands is a software company that helps organizations achieve social good. Through our technology, we assist more than 100,000 associations, nonprofits, K-12 schools, faith-based organizations, and partners grow stronger and achieve their missions. Like our clients, our nearly 2,200+ employees strive to improve the world in which they live, and we believe that technology plays an important role in that. We are techies and volunteers who dream big and are motivated by more than just a cool job (though that’s a great perk). The Community Brands culture is one where employees can pursue this passion as part of their profession, and we’re looking for great employees to join us!
A Day in the Life
As a QA Analyst, you are responsible for the manual and automated testing of our complete line of software products to ensure they are stable and defect free. With a great attention to detail, you ensure we produce an effective user experience.
In this role you’ll:
- Monitor and follow up on bug reports, enhancements, re-works; re-testing after fixes
- Perform functional and user-perspective QA and testing for modular enterprise-style software – ensuring that new development and enhancements perform as specified, and ensuring that design/details are “user-friendly”
- Engineer and maintain multiple databases for testing and sample purposes
- Clearly communicate details of bugs, problems, and design inconsistencies to development and product management
- Create test cases and testing libraries for re-use
- Provide input to the product design and enhancement process for elements that affect usability, including organization of information, interface details, clear and consistent text for error and other messages, locations for context-sensitive help, etc.
We’re looking for someone who brings:
- 2-5 years of experience in the software industry working with modular enterprise-style database software, or database applications related to academics, accounting, or fund-raising
- Basic proficiency with HTML, SQL, XML, and database technologies (e.g. Oracle), familiarity with Citrix, Oracle, Java, .Net, and Gupta are pluses
- Knowledge of software usability concepts and user interface standards
- Analytical approach to problem-solving combined with a strong user-focus
- Previous experience with software support ticket/CRM and bug reporting tools helpful, including Jira, Confluence, Salesforce, and Sharepoint
- Previous experience with scripting and/or automated testing tools are a plus
- Agile experience is a strong plus
Employees at Community Brands are techies and volunteers who strive to make the Company a great place to work. We dream big and are motivated to help our customers use the technology we create to improve the world around us. And, we look forward to you being part of our story!
- Unlimited Planned Paid Time Off
- Generous Sick Leave
- Casual Environment
- PurposeDriven Culture
- Work-life balance
- Passionate about Community Involvement
- Company Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Short Term Disability
- Remote Flexibility
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities