Senior HR Business Partner
Community Brands is a software company that helps organizations achieve social good. Through our technology, we help more than 100,000 associations, nonprofits, schools, faith-based organizations, and partners grow stronger and achieve their missions. Like our clients, our nearly 2,200+ employees strive to improve the world in which they live, and we believe that technology plays an important role in that. We are techies and volunteers who dream big and are motivated by more than just a cool job (though that’s a great perk we offer too). The Community Brands culture is one where employees can pursue this passion as part of their profession, and we’re looking for great employees to join us!
A Day in the Life
The Sr. HRBP will actively partner with organizational business unit leaders of the K12 Education business unit to align organizational and human resources strategies that will support the business needs/strategies and ultimately drive the best experiences for our customers. The role will provide HR leadership/support in several areas including but not limited to performance management, conflict resolution, HR policy guidance and interpretation, talent management/recruitment, business unit transformation and workforce planning, employee engagement, employee relations, and change management. This position will report to the Managing Director, K12 Education and have a matrix reporting line to the VP, Human Resources and be responsible for all K12 Education business unit HR activities.
In this role you’ll:
- Partner with Managing Director and business unit leaders to improve organizational effectiveness by diagnosing issues in the workplace and identifying appropriate strategies to resolve problems, improve team performance and effectiveness, and development of people strategies that support the business needs.
- Serve as a trusted advisor/resource/consultant to leaders and employees in all HR areas including employee development, employee relations, recruitment and selection, diversity and inclusion, policy and procedure interpretation, performance management, workforce development, and change management.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to business unit leaders (coaching, counseling, career development, corrective action, etc.).
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues by conducting effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal team as needed/required.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with business unit leadership and other internal HR team members to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Maintain effective level of business literacy about the business unit’s financial position, strategic plans, and culture.
- Other duties as assigned.
We’re looking for someone who brings:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Admin, Industrial Relations, or related field; Master’s degree preferred; PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Minimum 7+ years of prior HR Business Partner experience with specific focus on driving accountability, efficiency, and effectiveness in a complex, highly changing and evolving work environment.
- Multi-site support experience required.
- Proven experience building relationships, credibility, influencing, and negotiating at Sr. business leadership levels.
- Strong problem-solving skills and resourcefulness with ability to demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and appropriately prioritize workload.
- Exceptional analytical and action-oriented skills.
- Proven ability to work in a complex organization (matrix, multi-cultural, multi-site)
- Exceptional listening, coaching and advising skills.
- Strong presentation and communication skills to effectively interact with employees of all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using sound judgment that is consistent with standards, best practices, policies, and regulations.
- Must be able be hands-on and think strategically and execute tactical project plans.
- Strong ability to exercise discretion, judgement, tact, and poise in handling highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Must have ability and proven experience working well under pressure and flexible in adapting and responding to changing situations.
- Prior experience with managing staff preferred.
Employees at Community Brands are techies and volunteers who strive to make the Company a great place to work. We dream big and are motivated to help our customers use the technology we create to improve the world around us. And, we look forward to you being part of our story!
- Unlimited Planned Paid Time Off
- Generous Sick Leave
- Casual Environment
- PurposeDriven Culture
- Work-life balance
- Passionate about Community Involvement
- Company Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Short Term Disability
- Remote Flexibility
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities