Senior Full Stack Developer
CONTRIBUTING TO THE CMPA
The Information Technology Services (ITS) department supports, integrates, and develops applications that enable members and partners to interact with the CMPA effectively and efficiently and allows employees to do their jobs. This work is enabled by a robust and secure technology infrastructure that includes SaaS and desktop applications, a hybrid back-end infrastructure, network, application integration, and remote access.
In 2018, the CMPA initiated the Business Application Strategy (BAS) program. This program is guiding the replacement of the CMPA’s current processes and technology applications with adaptable processes and systems that can more readily accommodate changing business needs, while delivering meaningful experiences to members. As a result of the BAS program, the ITS team is growing and searching for a Senior Full Stack Developer to join this dynamic and collaborative team.
As a member of the Business Support team within the ITS department, the Senior Full Stack Developer contributes to the design, development, and implementation of complex enterprise applications, websites, and application integrations. The incumbent works in an agile environment and collaborates closely with the Business Analysts and super users to provide effective technology solutions to business problems.
A Senior Full Stack Developer is responsible for, but not limited to:
As a Senior Full Stack Developer, you will be a part of our dynamic team involved in delivering unique and valuable features as well as participating in evolving our internal development practice.
- Create and modify configuration for software
- Participate in the design and analysis of requirements and provide feedback to business analysts and stakeholders
- Collaborate to analyze, troubleshoot, reproduce, and resolve production issues
- Work with other team members on release planning and deployment activities
- Perform code reviews, assist with refactoring, and provide guidance and peer-mentoring to other developers
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- A minimum of 7 years of software development experience
- In-depth knowledge of web systems architecture, design, and development
- Good knowledge and understanding of Web Service APIs for integration purposes
- Experience using software best practices like Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI)
- Experience with relational database management systems, Oracle or MySQL experience is an asset
- Experience working with cloud based systems, Workday and/or SugarCRM experience is an asset
- Worked as part of Scrum teams or similar iterative Agile development methodologiesExperience leading projects is an asset
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- High attention to detail with an ability to multi-task
- Aptitude to learn and apply new technologies
- Problem resolution and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work in an ever-changing and fast-paced environment
- The Senior Full Stack Developer position is classified at Level 9 - range is $79,108 to $102,905
- Selected candidates may be required to complete a skills assessment
- Posting will close on Friday, June 28th at 4:00pm