Software Engineer - CCE (Path Forward) (170055)
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Cloudera is a 16- week paid internship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Cloudera, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
Software Engineer, CCE
The Cloudera Engineering team is seeking a motivated, experienced Software Engineer for our Customer Centric Engineering team. Responsibilities investigating, troubleshooting, and resolving escalation issues pertaining to Cloudera's Hadoop products and Cloudera Manager.
The candidate will also be responsible for the implementation of enhancements in the product that improve the customer experience. The role requires an engineer with strong debugging and problem analysis skills who can rapidly respond to the demands of Enterprise customer.
Engineering Experience and Skills:
- BS/CS, MS/CS or equivalent
- 5+ years (flexible) of general software development experience - Experiences with databases/datastores is a plus
- 2+ years relevant Java system software industry experience
- Experience in core Java development/debugging and multithreading programming
- Prior experience with troubleshooting production issues
- Software development experience with a highly-scalable, highly-available, and highly resilient distributed systems in large multi-node environments
- Able to debug, troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues reported by customers
- Experience in open source development and knowledge of Git, JIRA and Jenkins etc
- Solid interpersonal skills conducive to a team environment
- Able to work independently on multiple tasks
- Self-driven & motivated, with a strong work ethic and a passion for problem solving
- Knowledge of Hadoop and its ecosystem a plus
- Familiarity with RDBMS internals, JDBC and SQL is a plus
- Working knowledge of distributed file systems file and low-level data storage is a plus
Cloudera delivers the modern data management and analytics platform built on Apache Hadoop and the latest open source technologies. The world’s leading organizations trust Cloudera to help solve their most challenging business problems with Cloudera Enterprise, the fastest, easiest and most secure data platform available for the modern world. Our customers efficiently capture, store, process and analyze vast amounts of data, empowering them to use advanced analytics to drive business decisions quickly, flexibly and at lower cost than has been possible before. To ensure our customers are successful, we offer comprehensive support, training and professional services. Learn more at cloudera.com.
Cloudera delivers the modern data management and analytics platform built on Apache Hadoop and the latest open source technologies. The world’s leading organizations trust Cloudera to help solve their most challenging business problems with Cloudera Enterprise, the fastest, easiest and most secure data platform available for the modern world. Our customers efficiently capture, store, process and analyze vast amounts of data, empowering them to use advanced analytics to drive business decisions.
Cloudera is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
If you need assistance with applying for a position, please email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The broad goal of Cloudera Cares is to give our employees the opportunuty to give back to our local and global communities.
Perks & Benefits
At Cloudera, we are passionate about creating a stimulating, supportive work environment for you.
We’re building a company for the long term. The way we behave today, and the values that underlie our actions, are fundamental to that long-term success.