Software Engineer - Distributed Systems (Path Forward) (170056)
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Cloudera is a 16- week paid internship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Cloudera, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
Software Engineer, Distributed Systems
The Cloudera Manager team is looking for passionate developers to join our rockstar engineering team. The team is responsible for building out the market leading management product for Hadoop. The goal of the team is to make management of Hadoop simple, useful capabilities to interact with the data in amazingly interactive ways for everyday users, operators and admins. We are building a team of top-notch engineers that are passionate about distributed systems, scalability, test-driven development, and user experience.
You will be responsible for architecting and implementing a diverse set of applications built as part of Cloudera Enterprise. Designed specifically for mission-critical environments, Cloudera Enterprise includes CDH, the world’s most popular open source Hadoop-based platform, as well as advanced system management and data management tools.
- Build Distributed Systems that just work from a functionality, performance and scalability standpoint.
- Research, Design, Implement, Test your feature. Own end-to-end delivery.
- Work closely with the Hadoop and other cross-functional teams (QA, Docs, PM etc.)
- Be an active part of our user community.
- B.S or M.S in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience building software in at least two languages in a production environment. Java is a plus.
- 0-1 year experience as a new or recent under grad/grad from a top school
- Strong understanding of systems, databases, and the web
- Experience with "data-center scale" computing
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability and desire to work in a fast paced, test-driven, agile, collaborative and iterative programming environment
- Possess the Startup Spark: desire to create new things, dive in wherever there's a need, and learn new things
- Deep understanding of some (any) large, complicated system
- Expertise with internals of data storage systems (databases, file systems)
- Experience with distributed systems and RPC frameworks
About Cloudera :
Cloudera is revolutionizing enterprise data management by offering the first unified Platform for Big Data, an enterprise data hub built on Apache Hadoop™. Cloudera offers enterprises one place to store, process and analyze all their data, empowering them to extend the value of existing investments while enabling fundamental new ways to derive value from their data. Only Cloudera offers everything needed on a journey to an enterprise data hub, including software for business critical data challenges such as storage, access, management, analysis, security and search. As the leading educator of Hadoop professionals, Cloudera has trained over 20,000 individuals worldwide. Over 900 partners and a seasoned professional services team help deliver greater time to value.
Cloudera delivers the modern data management and analytics platform built on Apache Hadoop and the latest open source technologies. The world’s leading organizations trust Cloudera to help solve their most challenging business problems with Cloudera Enterprise, the fastest, easiest and most secure data platform available for the modern world. Our customers efficiently capture, store, process and analyze vast amounts of data, empowering them to use advanced analytics to drive business decisions.
Cloudera is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
If you need assistance with applying for a position, please email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The broad goal of Cloudera Cares is to give our employees the opportunuty to give back to our local and global communities.
Perks & Benefits
At Cloudera, we are passionate about creating a stimulating, supportive work environment for you.
We’re building a company for the long term. The way we behave today, and the values that underlie our actions, are fundamental to that long-term success.