Food and Beverage Manager
FOOD & BEVERAGE MANAGER
- Ensure an inspired, aligned and transparent long term partnership of Members, Associates and Vendors dedicated to encouraging sustainable Total Wellness in all of its attributes including physical, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, social, ecological and financial wellness.
- Provide Relational Service to all Members, Guests of Members and Discovery Guests.
- Focus on Details to provide high quality products and service to Members.
- Strive for Continuous Improvement in knowledge, quality, consistency, service, products, work environment, financial metrics, safety, wellness and member satisfaction.
- Obtain Member preferences and utilize the MAP Program
- Manage, organize and market the Food & Beverage operation
- Successfully manage day-to-day operations, special events, member activities, menu rollouts, etc. for the food & beverage department.
- Coordinate the overall operations of activities, staff, and interact with members, guests and vendors
- Manage service staff (including FOH Managers) and staffing functions
- Responsible for all scheduling and coordinating for training and developing service staff, concierge, housekeeping and banquet services.
- Perform detailed clerical and financial duties such as Club payroll operations, handling of money/charges, and managing inventory.
- Develop and build relationships with kitchen management staff to attain consistent sanitation and quality standards.
- .Clearly describe, assign and delegate responsibility and authority to personnel for the operation of the Club.
- Perform detailed clerical and financial duties to include directing payroll operations for the staff as well as handling money, charges, etc.
- Ordering and receiving product and inventory management (cost and portion control).
- Provide associate hiring, training, scheduling and development (Managers and service staff).
- Assist in other clubs when necessary and other company-wide functions.
- Continuously evaluate personnel performance and encourage improvement.
- TIPS Certified
- Successful completion of The Cliffs certification process.
- Participative management style.
- Use hands-on approach to management.
- Possess the ability to manage change effectively.
- Provide leadership to staff achieving goals and objectives.
- Effectively communicate the goals and objectives while inspiring employees to achieve those goals.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate teambuilding experience.
- Track record promoting an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Demonstrate ability to lead by example.
- Strong technical and organizational skills.
- Excellent time management.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills.
- Exceptional detail to follow-up.
- Excellent budgetary, projections and cost control skills.
- Experience with inventory and cost management.
- 4-6 years of F&B Management experience; fine dining/country club preferred
- Directly related degree preferred.
- Ability to continuously stand for up to a 10 hour shift.
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, push, pull, climb stairs, reach overhead, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work under strenuous and heated conditions.