AM Sous Chef
We Inspire Happiness! A smile, friendliness and positive team player is what we need.
The Cliffs is hiring a full time AM Sous Chef.
Hours will be Tuesday & Thursday 9:00am-6:00pm and Friday-Sunday 7:00am-4:00pm.
Please see the job description below:
• Oversees, plans menus, and manages food production to include ordering, prepping and cooking in a fast-paced casual grill.
• Directs the operation of grill area and help supervise culinary staff. Works with Executive Chef and associates to execute the F&B strategy and focus on meeting or exceeding goals.
• Focus on Details to provide high quality products and service to Members.
• Strive for Continuous Improvement in knowledge, quality, consistency, service, products, work environment, financial metrics, safety, wellness and member satisfaction.
• Continuously strives to improve the quality of food products provided by the kitchen and understands the members’ expectations.
• Assist with schedules and coordinates the work of Line Cooks, Pantry, and Kitchen Assistants/Dishwashers to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor goals.
• Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices
• Cooks daily and directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
• Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are attained.
• Responsible for all grill inventory cost controls as set forth by Cliffs inventory standards.
• Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness, and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
• Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for the grill area and equipment
• Prepare employee meals daily.
• Attends Food & Beverage staff and BEO meetings when needed.
• Interacts with F&B Manager to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of members and their guests.
• Periodically visits dining area to greet members.
• Assist in hiring, training/developing, supervising, and evaluating the performance of all kitchen personnel.
• Motivates and develops staff including training and development opportunities, cross training, and promotion of personnel.
• Takes initiative to provide relational service to members and guests as well as instilling this in the kitchen staff.
• Maintain professional standards and codes of conduct as set forth by Cliffs Associate Handbook.
• Undertakes any special projects as assigned by the Executive Chef and/or General Manager.
• A minimum of 3 years line cook experience (preferably in a grill or casual dinning environment.)
• Able to lead, train, motivate, and evaluate kitchen team for optimum performance.
• Able to develop, cost, and implement menus that are creative, innovative, and healthy while exceeding the expectations of quality and value for members and guests.
• Thorough knowledge of food cost and labor cost controls.
• Has mathematical skills to compute costs.
• Proficient with computer applications related to food management/cost accounting programs.
• Knowledge of all proper food preparation, storage and sanitation requirements, and Health Department Requirements.
• Knowledge of appropriate food and beverage service etiquette, policies and procedures.
• Excellent communication and leadership skills.
• Ability to continuously stand for extended periods.
• Ability to bend, twist, stoop, push, pull, climb stairs, reach overhead, and lift up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to work under strenuous and heated conditions.
• Ability to handle sharp utensils and operate food production equipment