Wedding and Private Events Sales Manager
WEDDING AND PRIVATE EVENT SALES MANAGER
- Lead sales efforts of Glassy Chapel for Weddings.
- Serves as an ambassador for The Cliffs both on and off duty while networking throughout the community and local markets.
- Responsible for working within the club’s budget and meeting or exceeding club’s sales goals
- Promote events through creative marketing and event planning to increase revenue and profitability
- Conduct Tours of Glassy Chapel and/or clubhouse to prospective clients.
- Responsible for all administrative and operational aspects of preparing each event including writing proposals, contracts, initial deposit and direct communication with prospective clients
- Responsible for transitioning sales leads to club event coordinator.
- Works in Jonas to check availability, hold space for tentative events and record details for confirmed events on banquet event order.
- When needed work with event coordinator to ensure client satisfaction
- Attend when appropriate weekly BEO meetings.
- Perform all private event administrative duties including contracts, deposits, and review closed BEOs and verify final payments, etc.
- Participates in periodic after-action review meetings with event coordinators and appropriate management for all past private events to determine future needs and to implement necessary changes to improve quality.
- Address client concerns or complaints in a professional timely manner to ensure member/client satisfaction. Alert club management of the situation and the solution proposed.
- Participates in scheduled staff and management meetings when appropriate.
- Assures that state and local laws and the club’s policies and procedures for the service of alcoholic beverages are consistently followed.
- Ensures the proper cost and revenue controls.
- Track new trends in product and market and share with General Manager and Marketing Team
- Maintain lead system and support club staff when applicable.
- Two to five years of catering sales and/or event planning experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Jonas (preferred) or other event software
- Proven track record of catering/ private event sales
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience communicating at high levels
- Maintain professional appearance
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a timely manner
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated team-building and leadership experience
- Strong technical and organizational skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow up
- Sense of urgency and self-motivation
- Ideal team player that exudes hunger, humility and people smarts
- Genuine, positive hospitality servant’s heart
- Ability to continuously stand for up to a 10-hour shift.
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, push, pull, climb stairs, reach overhead, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work under strenuous and heated conditions.
- Ability to handle sharp utensils and operate food production equipment