• Move soil, equipment, and materials.
• Dig holes for plants and trees using pick and shovel.
• Mix fertilizer or lime with dirt in bottom of holes to enrich soil.
• Place plants or trees in holes, and add dirt to fill holes.
• Attach wires from planted trees to stakes to support trees.
• Haul or spread topsoil using wheelbarrow and rake.
• Assist with the installation of irrigation systems.
• Water lawns, trees, and plants, using portable sprinkler system, hose, or watering can.
• Spread straw over seeded soil to prevent movement of seed and soil.
• Build forms for concrete borders, using lumber, hammer, and nails.
• Mix and pour cement for garden borders.
• Place decorative stones and plant flowers in garden areas.
• Mows lawns, using power mower.
• May assist with underbrushing home sites by using hand tools such as shovels, rakes, pitchforks, shears, clippers, etc.
• Operate small-motorized equipment such as weed eaters with supervision in a manner that adheres to O.S.H.A. guidelines at all times.
• Assist with seeding, fertilizing and placing straw on newly developed land.
• Assist with erosion control.
• Take proper care of equipment and materials according to company standards.
• Follow rules, procedures, and regulations outlined in the company handbook.
• Follow directions given by crew leader and Managers.
• Communicate, cooperate, and work with co-workers and supervisors.
• 1 to 2 years of landscaping experience
• Able to recognize dangerous situations and avoid them when possible
• Ability to understand instructions in English
• Have an understanding of plants, trees, and grasses used in landscaping
• Have an understanding of the natural landscape.
• Must be able to stand and continuously “move” throughout the workday.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds from floor to heights to above shoulder height.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, and climb.
• Must be able to bend and lift loads, not to exceed 75 pounds, unassisted.
• Must be able to push and pull up to 100 pounds, unassisted.
• Must have good mental and physical dexterity.
• Must be able to work in various weather conditions including extreme heat.
• Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of OSHA standards and other environmental safety standards, as applied to chemicals and compounds
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to walk, stand and sit. The associate is occasionally required to climb and use balance. Additionally, the associate will frequently be asked to use hands and arms to reach, carry and lift items. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and peripheral vision.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate may experience temperature and weather fluctuations, and moderate to high noise levels.
• The ability to work under varying and extreme weather conditions
• Ability to walk 3-5 miles a day