• Assists cooks in their daily tasks.
• Obtains necessary products and small equipment items required for food preparation.
• Carefully follows standard recipes while preparing all assigned items.
• Follows manufacturers’ instructions when operating food production and serving equipment.
• Consistently uses safe and sanitary food handling practices.
• Returns soiled food preparation utensils and other smallware items to the proper areas.
• Washes all wares in dishwashing machine or by hand according to the highest sanitation standards.
• Polishes all silverware, platters, and chafing dishes.
• Collects trash from kitchen areas; empties garbage cans and washes and re-lines with new bags. Breaks down boxes, crates, and removes debris.
• Examines garbage for misplaced silverware, dishes, glassware, and other reusable items.
• Washes and polishes all stainless steel in the kitchen including shelves, dish cabinets, ice machines, coffee area, refrigerators, walk-ins, etc.
• Washes and cleans receiving, trash, and other kitchen-related areas.
• Sweeps and mops kitchen floors.
• Stores all dishes and other wares in proper areas.
• Cleans dish machine and dish area after each meal period.
• Performs other tasks such as assisting in food preparation, storing foods after delivery and cleaning coolers, freezers, and storerooms.
• Maintains inventories of soap, chemicals, and paper towels.
• Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
• Handles all china and glassware carefully to minimize breakage.
• Continuously inspects floors in kitchen areas to assure they remain clean, clear of debris and dry.
• Assists in completing weekly kitchen cleaning and maintenance list.
• Cleans and safely stores all brooms, mops, and other cleaning equipment in their proper places.
• Observe guidelines related to the maintenance of safe working conditions in the kitchen.
• Maintain professional standards and codes of conduct as set forth by Cliffs Associate Handbook.
• Assist with other duties as instructed by Executive Chef or Sous Chef.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• 1 year general kitchen work related experience preferred.
• Basic knife skills.
• Knowledge of health department regulations.
• Basic English language communication skills with ability to follow written and oral instructions.
• Pleasant personality and professional appearance.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends, and holidays
• Ability to continuously stand for extended periods.
• Ability to bend, twist, stoop, push, pull, climb stairs, reach overhead, and lift up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to work under strenuous and heated conditions.
• Ability to handle sharp utensils and operate food production equipment.
• Ability to work under extended exposure to steam and hot water and cleaning chemicals.