Position: Project Engineer
Experience: 3+ years
Education: Bachelors in relevant field
Division: OTTO Motors
About Clearpath Robotics Inc.
Clearpath Robotics Inc. develops the future of robotics technology through development and sale of industry-leading self-driving technology, products, and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s research and industrial divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO™ Motors. Clearpath Robotics Inc. is an award-winning company with recent awards including Robotics Business Review Top 50 Robotics Company, Edison Award for Innovation, Business Insider Top 40 under 40, and Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
About OTTO™ Motors
OTTO™ Motors is making material handling in industrial settings safer, easier, and more efficient through development of hardware and software that automates movement of goods in busy factories and warehouses. The company’s industry-leading self driving technology provides automated and on-demand material handling in the most demanding industrial environments, spanning automotive, medical device, aerospace, logistics, and more. Customers trusting their mission-critical material handling needs to OTTO Motors include Fortune 100 brands GE, Toyota, and Caterpillar. For more information visit www.ottomotors.com.
About the Job
The primary objective of the Project Engineer role is to act as the technical partner for a project. Reporting to the Manager of the Project Management Office, the Project Engineer works closely with the assigned Project Manager (PM) to ensure the technical aspects of a project go as smoothly as possible. The Project Engineer tracks and resolves technical issues and acts as support for both the Systems Engineer and the Project Manager assigned to the project. The Project Engineer is the technical bridge/universal translator between the Project Manager and the Clearpath Engineering team.
Major responsibilities include:
- Acting as PMO technical partner for assigned projects
- Collaborating with Clearpath Engineering to troubleshoot and debug project deployments
- Assisting with robot diagnostic data collection and primary triage for root cause analysis or escalation to Tier III or Tier IV support
- Supplement the project ‘voice of the customer’ at the technical level
- Report to assigned PM’s on a project to project basis to provide:
- Issue tracking, analysis, and status reporting of project technical actions (weekly)
- Tracking of project assets/components using the family tree / asset configuration process
- Front line triage services for hardware and system issues within a project
- Responsible for the documentation needed for deployments to transition from project team to CS/NOC operations team post SAT (or equivalent)
You want to work for a fast-moving company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems. Oh, and you have some form of higher education with the common sense to back it up.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a technical customer facing role
- Bacherlor’s degree or college diploma in engineering or other technical field
- Excellent organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and analyze difficult issues
- Strong negotiation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced high mix low volume environment
- Ability to work unsupervised while still effectively achieving goals
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to learn new skills and tools
- Background or exposure to an industrial automation environment
- Proven ability to work cooperatively with others in a team environment
- Technical writing/communication
Clearpath is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.