Position: Technical Writer
Experience: 3-5 Years relevant experience
Division: OTTO Motors
About Clearpath Robotics Inc.
Clearpath Robotics Inc. develops the future of robotics technology through development and sale of industry-leading self-driving technology, products, and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s research and industrial divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO™ Motors. Clearpath Robotics Inc. is an award-winning company with recent awards including Robotics Business Review Top 50 Robotics Company, Edison Award for Innovation, Business Insider Top 40 under 40, and Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
About OTTO™ Motors
OTTO™ Motors is making material handling in industrial settings safer, easier, and more efficient through development of hardware and software that automates movement of goods in busy factories and warehouses. The company’s industry-leading self driving technology provides automated and on-demand material handling in the most demanding industrial environments, spanning automotive, medical device, aerospace, logistics, and more. Customers trusting their mission-critical material handling needs to OTTO Motors include Fortune 100 brands GE, Toyota, and Caterpillar. For more information visit www.ottomotors.com.
About the Job:
Our OTTO Motors division is seeking a Technical Writer to join its highly skilled team in Kitchener, Canada. At Clearpath we believe that every client is a VIP and we need someone who will obsessively focus on making our customers successful.
You will produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our products. You will work collaboratively with developers, quality engineers, product managers, client success representatives and usability experts to make our products easier to use.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides
- Create (video) tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Create and maintain the information architecture
You want to work for a fast-moving company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems. Oh, and you have some form of higher education with the common sense to back it up.
- 3-5 years’ related work experience
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to translate technical lingo into relatable, digestible content
- Keen eye for detail
- Basic grasp of technology, machines, sensors and software products
- Naturally friendly, energetic and empathetic personality
- Well organized and responsive
- Passionate about making people happy through exceptional service
- Self-starter able to work with minimal supervision
Nice to Haves:
- If you’ve got experience with robotics, ROS, or Ubuntu, that’s icing on the cake!
- Knowledge of Jira Service Desk or other web-based knowledge base systems
- Knowledge of Confluence
- Experience in HTML, PHP, CSS
- Basic video editing
Clearpath is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.