Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
Position: Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Experience: 7+ years
Education: College diploma or university degree in a related field.
Division: OTTO Motors
About Clearpath Robotics Inc.
Clearpath Robotics Inc. develops the future of robotics technology through development and sale of industry-leading self-driving technology, products, and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s research and industrial divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO™ Motors. Clearpath Robotics Inc. is an award-winning company with recent awards including Robotics Business Review Top 50 Robotics Company, Edison Award for Innovation, Business Insider Top 40 under 40, and Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
About OTTO™ Motors
OTTO™ Motors is making material handling in industrial settings safer, easier, and more efficient through development of hardware and software that automates movement of goods in busy factories and warehouses. The company’s industry-leading self driving technology provides automated and on-demand material handling in the most demanding industrial environments, spanning automotive, medical device, aerospace, logistics, and more. Customers trusting their mission-critical material handling needs to OTTO Motors include Fortune 100 brands GE, Toyota, and Caterpillar. For more information visit www.ottomotors.com.
About the Job
Reporting to the VP Finance, the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager is responsible for assessing current results, forecast revenues and expenditures and advise us on future budgeting and metrics. By understanding both current results and budget goals, you will help educate business leaders on financial results and prioritize management efforts on projects that will improve the financial health of the business and ultimately result in better financial performance.
Knowledge of forecasting models for a hardware and software company and cost accounting processes to understand and report margins are key requirements for this position. You will explore investment options and set company-wide financial policies.
Ultimately, you will ensure our financial planning is healthy and profitable and aligns with business objectives.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Coordinate with the VP Finance, CFO and the executive team on long-term financial planning
- Conduct thorough review of historical financial data to support assumptions for the future
- Develop financial models through trending, benchmarking and process analysis
- Forecast quarterly and annual financial results
- Prepare cost projections
- Participate in budgeting (for departments and projects)
- Analyze and report on current financial status in relation to budgets and forecasts
- Commission analysis and reporting in line with new Go To Market strategy
- Compare anticipated and actual results and identify areas of improvement
- Support Operations team in managing gross margins; Supply Chain efforts in setting inventory targets and BOM reductions, Manufacturing in reviewing efficiency metrics, Quality with cost and project reporting
- Maintain confidentiality of financial information and investment decisions
You want to work for a fast-moving company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems.
Oh, and you have some form of higher education with the common sense to back it up.
- 7+ years of experience as a Senior Financial Analyst, or similar role
- Degree in Finance or Accounting (CPA certification required)
- Hands-on experience with financial software
- Expertise in MS Excel (creating spreadsheets and using advanced formulas)
- Familiarity with finance databases
- Understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning systems (ERP)
- Up-to-date with accounting laws and regulations
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to present financial data using detailed reports and charts
- Demonstrable strategic thinking skills
Clearpath is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.