CJ Bio America | Sales Operation Assistant
Who We Are
CheilJedang (CJ) was founded in 1953 specializing in food products. Since then it has grown into a global lifestyle brand with a business portfolio built around the four sectors - Food & Food Service, Bio & Pharma, Entertainment & Media, and Shopping & Logistics. With over 55,000 employees around the world, CJ Group promotes healthier, happier and convenient living through its many products and services. For more information, please visit www.cjamerica.com.
- Responsible for processing purchase orders and shipping schedules of import materials.
- Communicate with suppliers; review and evaluate supplier contract terms and discount policies
- Preparing, processing and issuing export bills of lading, and responding to customers inquiries via phone and electronic correspondence.
- Ensure all documentation is accurate and processed in compliance with booking, quality, company, and regulatory standards.
- Coordinate and process documentation to include ocean bills of lading and letters of credit.
- Communicate all issues related to shipment with freight forwarders/shipping lines, factory, warehouse, and customers.
- Communicate with HQ Plant site and customers for all shipment related issues (price, certificate, shipping schedule, commission, AR etc.)
- Process and coordinate shipper diversions with overseas agents pertaining to export shipments.
- Request customer material creation via MDG software.
- Process purchase orders for assigned customers
- Communicate regularly with account managers & customers to ensure forecasts are accurate and up to date.
- Maintain and reconcile inventory with warehouse on SAP to ensure information is current and accurate.
- Verify sales and purchasing expenses are accurate and up to date.
- Complete and submit monthly closing reports for sales, inventory and accounts receivables.
- Correspond with customers daily through various communication methods to ensure customer satisfaction is met. Correspondence may include, but is not limited to e-mail, telephone, fax, etc.
- Post quality analysis and quality control data as necessary.
- Review for the AR and request payment every week and report to HQ and related departments.
- Verify shipping schedules
- Review and prepare required shipping documents
- Create and produce reports as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Computer skills, i.e. Microsoft office, Excel, SAP;
- Ability to communicate effectively and participate in a continuous improvement culture, including utilizing problem solving skills;
- Critical thinking, multi-tasking and troubleshooting skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality;
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or a related field;
- Associate’s degree & 2 years of directly related experience