Bibigo | Kitchen Manager
Who We Are
Bibigo Kitchen’s Restaurant Manager oversees daily operations of our restaurants by providing exceptional and consistent food quality and guest satisfaction. Restaurant manager must represent the vision and value of Bibigo Kitchen by understanding Korean cuisine and culture, and must be able to implement the knowledge into unique dining experience Bibigo Kitchen offers.
Bibigo Kitchen Restaurant
Fashion Valley, San Diego
CheilJedang (CJ) was founded in 1953 specializing in food products. Since then it has grown into a global lifestyle brand with a business portfolio built around the four sectors - Food & Food Service, Bio & Pharma, Entertainment & Media, and Shopping & Logistics. With over 55,000 employees around the world, CJ Group promotes healthier, happier and convenient living through its many products and services. For more information, please visit www.cjamerica.com.
Bibigo Kitchen, is an affiliate of CJ Group, began in 2019. Bibigo kitchen is a fine-casual restaurant that delivers a premium dining experience by fusing handcrafted culinary excellence, creativity, and Korean-inspired flavors. Crafted with fresh ingredients and modern approach on Korean dishes, Bibigo Kitchen creates a unique destination for curious gastronauts and adventurous palates. To find out more about us, please visit www.bibigousa.com .
Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for product quality
- Complete and maintain daily produce, meat, seafood and dairy orders according to consumption and performs weekly food inventory
- Orders food supplies and kitchen equipment as needed
- Create and roll out SOP’s to improve production efficiency and eliminate potential loss
- Ensure team members are putting out quality prduct with menu compliance
- Maintain all product costs associated with the kitchen operations within budget guidelines by ensuring accuracy in ordering, receiving, security and inventory of all company property
- Assist in development and use of budget and inventory control programs to maximize cost control and attainment of goals
- Monitor and controll labor cost through effective scheduling, training & retention of the team member
- Ensure all Back of the House team members are properly trained and following Bibigo standard
- Work closely with the Training Manager and General Manager in the development of the Back of the House Team Members
- Carry out all supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Bibigo Kitchen policies and applicable laws
- Ensure implementation and compliance with the safety and operating rules, recommending changes and imporvements when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 to 10+ years of kitchen management or chef experience
- Be able to communicate clearly with managers and team members
- Strong management skills and a demonstrated ability to create and maintain highly efficient high quality kitchen
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, always adapting to changes in as our company and guest needs evolves
- ServSafe Certification
- Ability to lift 50 lbs to a height of 3-4 feet
- Must have P&L experience
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Culinary or a related field is a plus
- Health Insurance.
- Dental, Vision, Life Insurance.
- Short term and Long term Disability Leave
- Gym Reimbursements (up to $50/month)
- Employee Discounts (40% off CJ products & services)
- 401K (5% matching with no vesting period)
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Family Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Talent Sharing Opportunities
- Employee Club Activities (movie, e-sports, book, sports activity club, etc.)
- Employee Education reimbursement (up to $1000/year)
- ADA Statement: Due to restricted and limited work space, employees are expected to work with crowded, hot and noise environment while remained standing for long periods of time. Employees must prepare hot and cold foods using sharp knifes and may be required to lift up to 50 lbs.