Bibigo | Kitchen Supervisor
Who We Are
Bibigo Kitchen Restaurant
Fashion Valley, San Diego
CheilJedang (CJ) was founded in 1953 specializing in food products. Since then it has grown into a global lifestyle brand with a business portfolio built around the four sectors - Food & Food Service, Bio & Pharma, Entertainment & Media, and Shopping & Logistics. With over 55,000 employees around the world, CJ Group promotes healthier, happier and convenient living through its many products and services. For more information, please visit www.cjamerica.com.
Bibigo Kitchen, is an affiliate of CJ Group, began in 2019. Bibigo kitchen is a fine-casual restaurant that delivers a premium dining experience by fusing handcrafted culinary excellence, creativity, and Korean-inspired flavors. Crafted with fresh ingredients and modern approach on Korean dishes, Bibigo Kitchen creates a unique destination for curious gastronauts and adventurous palates. To find out more about us, please visit www.bibigousa.com. Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for product quality
- Complete and maintain daily produce, meat, seafood and dairy orders according to consumption and performs weekly food inventory
- Assist Kitchen Manager with ordering food supplies and kitchen equipment as needed
- Assist Kitchen Manager with create and roll out SOP’s to improve production efficiency and eliminate potential loss
- Ensure team members are putting out quality prduct with menu compliance
- Assist Kitchen Manager with maintaining all product costs associated with the kitchen operations within budget guidelines by ensuring accuracy in ordering, receiving, security and inventory of all company property
- Assist in development and use of budget and inventory control programs to maximize cost control and attainment of goals
- Assist Kitchen Manager with monitoring and controlling labor cost through effective scheduling, training & retention of the team member
- Ensure all Back of the House team members are properly trained and following Bibigo standard
- Carry out all supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Bibigo Kitchen policies and applicable laws
- Ensure implementation and compliance with the safety and operating rules, recommending changes and imporvements when necessary
- 1+ year of kitchen supervisor or chef experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, always adapting to changes in as our company and guest needs evolve
- ServSave Certification
- Ability to lift 50 lbs to a height of 3-4 feet
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Culinary or a related field is a plus
- Health Insurance.
- 401K (5% matching with no vesting period)
ADA Statement: Due to restricted and limited work space, employees are expected to work with crowded, hot and noise environment while remained standing for long periods of time. Employees must prepare hot and cold foods using sharp knifes and may be required to lift up to 50 lbs.