TMI | Ethnic Sales & Marketing Senior Manager
Who We Are
TMI began in a 3,000 ft2 noodle factory in New York's Chinatown district in 1989 with the mission of creating fresher and better tasting noodles. Within 3 years the company expanded to a 22,000 ft2 facility in Brooklyn and eventually added dumplings and other Asian specialties to their product mix. In 2001, TMI Trading was added under the TMI umbrella with the commitment of sharing quality specialty foods from Asian countries such as China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Taiwan, Korea, and Singapore,in the US market, and transforming them into household staples.
In late 2012, TMI became an affiliate of CJ Group through acquisition. Cheiljedang (CJ) was founded in 1953 specializing in food products. Since then it has grown into a global lifestyle brand with a business portfolio built around the four sectors—Food & Food Service, Bio & Pharma, Entertainment & Media, and Shopping & Logistics. With over 55,000 employees around the world, CJ Group promotes healthier, happier and convenient living through its many products and services.
Today, TMI employs over 300 people and occupies more than 200,000 ft2 in Brooklyn. It is comprised of the brands Twin Marquis, Chef One, and Tang's Natural, each specializing in its own category of goods. Twin Marquis and Chef One are both successful and highly influential brands in the US East Coast Asian food markets, with Twin Marquis specializing in noodles and dumpling wrappers, and Chef One famous for its dumplings. TMI's commitment to fresh, delicious ingredients and innovative product development has made them New York's leading Asian food company.
JOB PURPOSE: The Ethnic Sales & Marketing Senior Manager will develop and execute sales & marketing strategies/programs for the Ethnic market.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Sales & Marketing Management
- Develop sales & marketing strategies with ethnic sales and marketing teams for TMI manufactured and trading products
- Implement and execute to meet and exceed the team’s sales goals for B2B and B2C channels
- Research and conduct on site visits with potential and existing B2B/B2C businesses across different regions/states to understand market conditions, needs, trends, and competitions
- Create new opportunities and demand for TMI manufactured and TMI trading products for sales growth
- Build and maintain a strong, long lasting customer relationships within the Asian markets
- Execute plan with set target sales goals
- Business Development
- Maintain relationships and personal contacts with applicable key customers
- Develop, manage, and maintain business to achieve the sales and profit goals
- Conduct market research to identify trends in the industry
- Analyze the market’s potential, track sales, and status reports
- Keeps abreast of best practices and promotional trends
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5-7 years of sales and management experience in either the Chinese food service or retail supermarket/distribution environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be detail-oriented, systematic and organized
- Must be proactive and possesses solid problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be bilingual in English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin)
- Must have a satisfactory driving record and be willing to drive